nbk84cp

I show taxes filed and it was not suppose to file them what happened to my extension?

JessicaV

After you file

Here's a link to assist you with filing an IRS extension: 

An extension doesn't give you extra time to pay your taxes, which are due April 15, 2019 (June 17, 2019 if you're out of the country).

But even if you can't pay your taxes by the deadline, file an extension to avoid the late-filing penalty.

1. Open your return in TurboTax Online.
    (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and select the Take me to my return button.)
  2. Under Manage Your Return on the bottom, left side of the screen, select File an extension.
    • If you don't see the File an extension button in Step 2 above, search for extend in the and select the Jump to link at the top of your search results.
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions to e-file  your extension.

On the TurboTax Mobile App:

1. Sign in and select the Take me to my return button.
  2. Select the menu icon in the upper left.
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions to e-file your extension.

Note: If you're paying additional taxes owed with direct debit, you'll need to provide your 2017 AGI for verification purposes (if you didn't file a 2017 return, enter 0 as your AGI).

If you don't have your AGI, or your extension gets rejected for the wrong AGI, here are 2 options:

1. Recommended: Pay your taxes at IRS Direct Pay (this also automatically gives you an extension). Instructions
  2. Download and print Form 4868, fill it out, and get it postmarked before midnight April 15. Payment and mailing instructions are on pages 3 and 4 of your printout.

For most TurboTax Online customers, the deadline to file a federal extension is April 15. However, if you're stationed outside of the U.S. with an AE, AP, or AA military address, you have until June 15 to file your extension with the IRS.

You can do this by clicking Tax Home at upper left, then choosing Easy Extension (on mobile devices, tap the upper-left corner to open the side menu, then tap Easy Extension). You can also file your extension at our Easy Extension website.