2021" Where's my refund"

I filled my taxes on January 27th was accepted February 11th and shortly after it said we are processing your return..This morning when i check it promptly tells me my information is wrong, I filled as single claiming 0.00 income, I only filled to get my stimulus payments as I'd received absolutely nothing, I'm a born and raised American and meet all requirements,but have still gotten nothing,no help at all.I tried to call IRS and it says it can't take my call due to high call volume...This has been an absolutely horrible experience..And don't know what to do...

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

After you file

What was the reason that your tax return was rejected?  Was it rejected because you were ineligible for the Economic Impact Payments?  Or was your tax return rejected for other reasons?  IRS eligibility is here:

Who is eligible for the second round of Economic Impact Payments?

Generally, if you’re a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien, you may be eligible for $600 ($1,200  for a joint return), plus $600 for each qualifying child, if you (and your spouse if filing a joint return) aren’t a dependent of another taxpayer on a 2019 tax return, have a social security number (SSN) valid for employment and your adjusted gross income (AGI) does not exceed:

• $150,000 if married and filing a joint return or if filing as a qualifying widow or widower;
  • $112,500 if filing as head of household; or
  • $75,000 for eligible individuals using any other filing status

Your payment will be reduced by 5% of the amount by which your AGI exceeds the applicable threshold above.

You aren’t eligible for a payment if any of the following apply to you:

• You were claimed as a dependent on another taxpayer’s 2019 tax return (for example, a child or student who may be claimed on a parent’s tax return or a dependent parent who may be claimed on an adult child’s tax return).
  • You don’t have an SSN that is valid for employment issued before the due date of your 2019 tax return (including any extensions).
  • You’re a nonresident alien.
  • Someone was deceased before 2020.
  • Are an estate or trust. 

However, you may be eligible to claim a Recovery Rebate Credit on line 30 of your 2020 tax return. Please refer to the instructions for the 2020 Form 1040 for more information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After you file

Hello, I didn't know it was rejected,all I know is it was accepted, processing and now it say information doesn't match,but it's the exact information I used yesterday when it told me we're processing your return,and I've checked and rechecked..When I filled my taxes TurboTax said refund amount is $1,800 ei stimulus credit.. Thanks for the reply,at least I know it's a lost cause now...Just the old American saying"It's not what your government can do for you, it's what can you do for your government"Oh well, I guess..At least I won't be sitting around waiting for nothing...

After you file

You can check the status of your return not only through TurboTax, but also through the IRS website using your IRS Online Account.

Online Account is an online system that allows you to securely access your individual account information.  You can view:

• The amount you owe, updated for the current calendar day
  • Your balance details by year
  • Your payment history and any scheduled or pending payments
  • Key information from your most recent tax return
  • Payment plan details, if you have one
  • Digital copies of select notices from the IRS
  • Your Economic Impact Payments (EIP 1 and EIP 2), if any

You can also:

• Make a payment online
  • See payment plan options and request a plan via Online Payment Agreement
  • Access your tax records via Get Transcript

Here is the link to see your Online Tax Account.

@Ca5656

After you file

Mine says the same thing since the 18 til

today that my Información is inaccurate it must be a system error

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

After you file

There are a few things to check to make sure your tax return is being processed so you can receive the Recovery Rebate Credit. Keep in mind, Accepted means the IRS has the return. Next, the IRS will determine if the tax return is approved.

Go to your Tax Home in your return and scroll down to Your tax returns & documents and click Show More. Then download a PDF of 2020. 

Next, scroll to page 2 of Form 1040. The forms are listed in the top left-hand and bottom right-hand corners of every page. Check Line 30 for the amount of your Recovery rebate credit to see what was reported to the IRS.

If it was not included, then you can still get the credit by amending(changing) your return. However, it is worth waiting for now. The IRS has not issued any guidance to cases like yours, where there may be an amount still owed for stimulus payments. 

Keep in mind, if you already received the stimulus payments, the Recovery Rebate Credit should be 0.

For more information, see: Does "accepted" mean my refund is approved?

How do I claim the Recovery Rebate Credit?

@Ca5656

@Barbaragonzalez23