My employer released a W2 correction for leaving out the HSA employee contribution (all within the max). Do I need to file an amendment (already submitted 2020 return).

I didn't see a way to create an amended return with the online turbo tax.  But also curious if this would be necessary if it may or may not affect taxes I'd owe, or provide a larger refund (which I think it would do such).
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

After you file

Yes, you will need to amend your 2020 return to make this correction.  However, TurboTax won't have availability of Form 1040-X (amended return) until 3/25/2021.  I'll link a TurboTax FAQ below that contains instructions for you to amend your return.  Please follow the instructions carefully; they are quite specific.

How do I amend my 2020 return? 

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

After you file

Thanks for your quick reply, Kat!

Does Turbo Tax charge for amended returns with the 1040-X form?

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

After you file

Nope.  It is free to amend your TurboTax return.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***

After you file

That's great.  Thanks again for your help, Kat.