My federal return was accepted yesterday so when will my Virginia return be filed? It still shows on Turbo Tax as pending.

After you file

Watch your emails.   A state return cannot be accepted until the federal has been accepted so you should get some word in the next day or two.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

After you file

As my post states, my federal return has been accepted so why is my state return sitting in Turbo Tax as pending?  I paid them a lot of money to file my taxes and now they are holding up my Virginia refund by not filing the state return.

After you file

@pierce0523 wrote:

As my post states, my federal return has been accepted so why is my state return sitting in Turbo Tax as pending?  I paid them a lot of money to file my taxes and now they are holding up my Virginia refund by not filing the state return.

TurboTax does not send state tax returns to the state.  The state has to pull the state tax returns form the servers.  When the state pulls returns is based on the state's own internal criteria.