nategrind

How to make changes to my a

How to make changes in update your information
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

Are you trying to make changes to your return, or update your account information?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
nategrind

After you file

Yes I didn't have the accurate right numbers of the deductions and what I made for the total year and trying to make sure that that's all correct so I can get my money on the 12th I have never gotten not one of my stimulus is due to the fact that I was claimed as a dependent so I am doing a rebate credit to try to collect my $1,800 that it says I'm eligible for

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

After you file

Follow the steps below to enter or change your information for the Recovery Rebate Credit.

In TurboTax Online, to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit please do the following:

1. Sign into your account and continue from where you left off
  2. Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then on Federal Review on the top of the screen
  3. On the next page titled Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click on Continue
  4. Follow the interview
  5. TurboTax will determine whether you are entitled to any additional stimulus based on the amounts you entered for the first and second stimulus payments. Make sure you enter the correct amounts.

Any stimulus amount remaining due to you will show as a credit on line 30 of your form 1040.

The stimulus payments were advanced payments for 2020. Since the IRS did not have 2020 information when it sent out payments, the Service used 2018 and 2019 tax information with the understanding that any missing payments would be added to your 2020 tax return.

RRC

daija0307

After you file

I did my taxes yesterday and I thought when I did them that I had checked the box that someone can claim me [my mother] and when we went today to look to see if my form got accepted it show that the box was not checked and i would like to know how can i change it 

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

To make changes to your return before you file, please see the FAQ below for more information:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/want-make-changes-before-filing/00/57062...

Please see the FAQ below for information on amending your tax return:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-my-turbotax-online-return/00/27577