glynis22
Returning Member

Recovery Rebate Credit - email to correct filing

I received my Recovery Rebate Credit late after I filed my 2020 return.  I received an email that I would have the opportunity to correct this.  I followed the instructions meeting the Feb. 6th date.  Per that email, I was to receive a follow up email from TurboTax today regarding next steps.  When will that 2nd email go out?  I spoke to someone on the phone from TurboTax who indicated that making this correction was not possible.  

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

After you file

Here is a great FAQ to best explain this. 

If you need additional assistance, please click here to contact customer support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
glynis22
Returning Member

After you file

Hi Carissa

i had already seen the post you linked to and it does not answer my question. Per that post we are to get an email today but we have not gotten one. Is there a time we should expect this? Additionally, I already spoke to some at customer service who seemed wholly unaware of this issue and I was told there would be no way for me to correct my filing despite the email I receive on Feb 3.

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

We have been advised that emails would begin to be sent out today, but we have no access in this forum to know when any specific customer will be sent theirs.  You should receive it soon, and don't forget to check your spam box in case it was accidentally moved there.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"