ds--
Level 3

Amending return generates 75 pages worth of forms

When I amend my 2019 return TT tells me that I should only send forms that changed. However when I got o save/print I see 75 pages of what looks like full return.

I know that changes that I made will affect several forms, but I am not sure about all of them.

Should I be manually looking at every form to find changes or send everything as TT presents it?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

After you file

Here is a link for our blog that contains some information on amending, and the forms needed.

You should send your 1040x as advised in the instructions, as well as any supporting documentation that caused the amendment, such as added w-2's, ect. There is no need to send in the original 1040 as the IRS will already have that on file.

If you need any additional assistance, please click here to contact customer service. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ds--
Level 3

After you file

Thank you Carissa, I've read it and it is still not clear if the Amended return that TT generates at the very end is what the program thinks I should submit to IRS or if it just gives everything by default and wants me to find the differences?

The article says: 

The IRS form for amending a return is Form 1040-X. You'll also need any forms that will be impacted by your change. For example, if you’re changing your itemized deductions, you’ll also need a copy of Schedule A for that tax year

I know that Schedule E has changed, but I am not sure if anything else did - should I be looking line by line in the documents that TT generated as Amended return?

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

The original printout should have instructions that point out what needs to be sent in. 

How do I amend my 2020 TurboTax Online return?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"