sp100

How do I ammend my return?

After you file

Once a tax return has been filed it cannot be changed, canceled or retrieved

You will have to wait for the IRS to start accepting or rejecting 2020 tax returns on February 12, 2021
If the return is rejected you can make the necessary changes and e-file again.
If the return is accepted you will have to amend your original tax return. An amended return, Form 1040X, can only be printed and mailed to the IRS, it cannot be e-filed. The IRS will take up to 16 weeks or longer to process an amended tax return.

Before starting to amend the tax return, wait for the tax refund to be received or the taxes due to be paid and processed by the IRS.

See this TurboTax support FAQ on amending a tax return originally completed and filed using the 2020 TurboTax online editions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-my-turbotax-online-return/01/27577

Returning Member

After you file

When I filed my taxes USDA hadn't sent me my 1099-G form. I need to fix this

After you file

@28069 wrote:

When I filed my taxes USDA hadn't sent me my 1099-G form. I need to fix this

If the return is accepted you will have to amend your original tax return. An amended return, Form 1040-X, can only be printed and mailed to the IRS if the original tax return was not e-filed. The IRS will take up to 20 weeks or longer to process an amended tax return.

Before starting to amend the tax return, wait for the tax refund to be received or the taxes due to be paid and processed by the IRS.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for amending a tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-return/amend-change-correct-return-a...

Returning Member

After you file

I received my refund, but I need to pay taxes on 2794$ more

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

After you file

Follow the instructions DoninGA provided above to prepare your amended tax return.  When you have added the income, TurboTax will let you know how much additional tax you will have to pay.  If you had a refund on the original return, you may have to pay some of it back. @28069 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"