upright13

Please cancel my 2020 tax return

After you file

No one here or TurboTax can cancel your 2020 return.   Once you e-file a return, you cannot get it back, cancel it, or make any changes to it. 

If you need to make changes or add information, you will have to wait until your return gets accepted or rejected to make any changes.  Do not make any changes to your e-filed return, it will not go through.  The IRS is not accepting returns until Feb. 12th, you will have to wait until then to see if your return is accepted or rejected.

If rejected, you can enter or change your information, then re-e-file.

If accepted, you would have to amend your return to make changes or add information.

Also, the Federal amended return (1040X), will not be available until around Feb. 28th (subject to change).

View solution in original post

5_19
Returning Member

After you file

I have not e-file my return yet so please cancel my 2020 tax return.

5_19
Returning Member

After you file

I have not e-filed my return yet and I don't want too please cancel my 2020 tax return.

After you file

@5_19  As stated above, no one here or TurboTax can cancel your return.  If you have not filed your return yet & you are using the Online version, you can use the Clear & Start Over option in TurboTax.  Then just abandon the account.

As long as you haven't submitted payment, deducted the TurboTax fee from your refund, or registered, you can erase your return and start from scratch in TurboTax Online.

How do I clear and start over in TurboTax Online?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-clear-and-start-over-in-turbotax-onli...

After you file

My return is not filed yet....to my knowlege.... please cancel... i am going to go to an accountant

After you file

@Coffeeman750   As stated in the above posts, no one here can cancel your return.  You also cannot delete your account.  Since you did not file your return you can just abandon your account.  If you can you can use the Clear & Start over option to remove any information in your return.

As long as you haven't submitted payment, deducted the TurboTax fee from your refund, or registered, you can erase your return and start from scratch in TurboTax Online.

1. Sign in and select a topic to continue your return.
  2. On the next screen, from the left-side menu, select Tax Tools, and then Clear & Start Over (select the menu icon in the upper-left corner if you don't see this menu).
  3. Answer Yes in the pop-up to confirm.

After you file

My tax return has been filed by another person to get a refund.  I have not filed yet

After you file

@dogsdontdotax  You have posted on someone's, not sure what your question is.

passed1

After you file

Please cancel my 2020 tax return with Turbo Tax. Due to complications I had to file with a tax service. Thank you for all of your help. Clayton R., [removed], [removed].

Thank you again, and I look forward to using you next year.

Sincerely,

Clayton R.

DOB [removed]

SSN - [removed]

After you file

@passed1   Did you submit the Turbo Tax return?  If not you can just leave and abandon it.  If you haven't paid or filed, you can try to clear it.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-clear-and-start-over-in-turbotax-onli...

After you file

@passed1 

Be aware that this is a public Internet forum.   You should not post any personal info in this user community forum.  It looks like the forum privacy filter removed some of it for your protection, but not all of it.   You can edit your comment above to remove the rest of your personal info by clicking the tiny blue 3-dot icon just to the right of your question.  It's also possible a Moderator might remove it, but they won't be around until their daytime business hours.