How to enter my ssi direct express card information for tax return deposit

I receive SSI and receive deposits on my Direct Express prepaid MasterCard. I don’t see where to enter that information under “how would you like to receive your tax return?”

After you file

You have to enter the bank routing and account number associated with the card.  If you do not have those numbers available contact the bank for information.  The phone number should be on the back of the card.

After you file

Thank you. However it’s a prepaid MasterCard from social security and doesn’t have a routing number etc. I have a card number, expiration date and CVV code on the back. 

After you file

@supermommys4 wrote:

Thank you. However it’s a prepaid MasterCard from social security and doesn’t have a routing number etc. I have a card number, expiration date and CVV code on the back. 

Since it is a prepaid card the SS benefits deposited to the card should go through a bank.  This would be transparent to you.  Is there a phone number on the back of the card that you can call to see if there is a routing and account number for your card?

After you file

There is a phone number, however, I’m told that there is not a routing number as it is a prepaid MasterCard account. I will try to call again or search online

**HELPFUL TIP** 

Yesterday I signed up for the Walmart Cash Card in order to receive my tax return payment via direct deposit. The sign up was simple and fast from my cell phone! Although it states that I won’t receive my actual card for 7 - 10 days, it provides the account AND routing number immediately. This enabled me to be able to link the information with my tax return and submit my return (although I submitted keep in mind taxes cannot be filed until February 14, 2021)!

UPDATED INFORMATION 

“Direct Express doesn't make routing or account numbers publicly available for their cards.”

“If the company asks for information like a routing number, you won't be able to do that with your Direct Express card.”

View solution in original post

After you file

@supermommys4 wrote:

There is a phone number, however, I’m told that there is not a routing number as it is a prepaid MasterCard account. I will try to call again or search online

Otherwise if you have a personal checking or savings account with a bank or credit union, the tax refund can be direct deposited into either of those accounts.

After you file

I do not have a bank or credit union account. Do you happen to know of any other options? I seem to remember having a Net Spend (something like that) card at one point. However, I don’t think it would have an account or routing number?! 

After you file

@supermommys4 wrote:

I do not have a bank or credit union account. Do you happen to know of any other options? I seem to remember having a Net Spend (something like that) card at one point. However, I don’t think it would have an account or routing number?! 

All debit cards, regardless of who issues the card, will have a bank routing and account number for each debit card issued.  If the Net Spend card you have is still active you will be able to get the bank information by calling.

After you file

All debit cards, regardless of who issues the card, will have a bank routing and account number for each debit card issued. 

all of this information I am retrieving from the Direct Express website

this is where our communication is getting confused. Direct Express MasterCard is a “PrePaid” card, not a debit card. 
No payments (except returns for purchases made with the card or PayPerks prizes) can be added to the card—it's only for the funds you receive for your federal benefits payments”

After you file

@supermommys4 wrote:

All debit cards, regardless of who issues the card, will have a bank routing and account number for each debit card issued. 

all of this information I am retrieving from the Direct Express website

this is where our communication is getting confused. Direct Express MasterCard is a “PrePaid” card, not a debit card. 
No payments (except returns for purchases made with the card or PayPerks prizes) can be added to the card—it's only for the funds you receive for your federal benefits payments”

Ok, thank you for that information.

Then you only have two options to receive the tax refund.  Either open an account at a local bank or credit union so that you can get a direct deposit or get a debit card, Walmart has debit cards for a nominal fee, so you can get a direct deposit on the card.  Or have the tax refund issued to you as a check.

After you file

That is not the case with Direct Express, it is not possible to add funds/ deposits to this card. This card is only for receiving government payments such as SSI etc! HOWEVER- contrary to this policy they have... I did receive BOTH of my stimulus deposits directly to my DE prepaid card.

Therefore it makes no sense that I wouldn’t receive my tax return on my DE card! I’ve only had this card since March 2020, so I’m still trying to figure it out! I’ll tell you, it’s not a user friendly card, that’s for sure!

Please understand that I’m sharing all of this information in hopes of helping others in the same situation- my intention is not to argue or be disrespectful to your attempts to answer my questions. I appreciate you taking the time that you did. 

After you file

Sorry ... but this is not the place to get the card info you need ... ask them for deposit instructions.   

Another option is to get a pre paid debit card at the store for $5 to use for the deposit or google search for other options ... some other users have mentioned Chime. 

After you file

Sorry ... but this is not the place to get the card info you need ... ask them for deposit instructions.   

You are confused! This is resolved and I posted the facts regarding Direct Express card in hopes of helping others in the same situation. 

After you file

To enter your Direct Express Card info on your tax return for Stimulus Direct Deposit. You first Google routing number for name of bank your Card is on....(example ) Direct express card Commercia bank routing number for Ca. "Make sure you put the state you live in".. then the account number is the number on your card.....(example) 4444 5555 5555 1111... and its that simple. hope this helps..

After you file

True ,you can't make deposits on the pre paid Direct Express Card that is for federal or state benifits to be deposited on..."how ever" you can get Stimulus Checks deposited for Direct deposit on card