I did my taxes refund on the 7th of January will its the 10 of January and its still pending

After you file

It will continue to be in pending until the IRS begins to accept/reject returns at the end of January.  Until then it is just sitting on the server.  Do not try to change anything while it is in pending----the changes will not go anywhere.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

After you file

Right.  That's why we tell people not to file early.  Even if Turbo Tax lets you submit your return they will just hold all the returns until the IRS opens filing on Jan 27, 2021 or later.  So there is no hurry.  And a lot of people who file early find out they have to amend later like when they get their actual W2 and 1099 forms.  Or they get more forms than they were expecting.  

And You should wait because you might get a late W2 or 1099 in the mail.  They have until Jan 31 to send you the tax forms.  Or they may send you a corrected W2 or 1099 even later.

After you file

I have already lost count of the number of users I have seen yesterday and today who e-filed and then found a mistake or got something in the mail that should have been on their tax return.  Happens. Every. Year.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**