jasonmtarter
Returning Member

Stimulus deposits to turbo card

I would like to know what TurboTax is doing or has done to ensure that my stimulus payment be deposited onto my card that I use for direct deposit for my tax return. The first stimulus deposit was a disaster. Although TurboTax assured us that if the payment was sent to the bank it would not be rejected and they would forward it onto our bank attached to our card. Mine was rejected and I was mailed a paper check. What is going to happen with this second stimulus payment? Because chances are if I have to be mailed a check I won’t get it until I file my taxes. And that is not sufficient. This was not my error. Some people that had fees taken out got their deposit onto their turbo card. I used TurboTax in good faith excepting that they are working for me and my money would go where it needed to go onto my turbo debit card. Now we are struggling I’ve been out of work due to Covid. And I need the stimulus money. I should be in the first group of direct deposit, but will I be? Is turbo addressing this issue? Many of us are very concerned, and I will not be filing my taxes until I find out if this matter is resolved. Because I will go to a new tax  service although me and my family have used TurboTax for many years we will all be switching because this affected a few of us. We allowed you to take your payment out of our tax Refund, and in the process we screwed ourselves. And we want to know what’s being done or if we need to do something further legally. We took you on your word when you said that our stimulus payment would be deposited onto our card. But that was untrue. And I spoke with many people from TurboTax during this time and was given nothing but a run around. My questions being avoided and stupid scripted answers. We’re fed up. You told us to go to the get my payment portal and change our information. And you’re not allowed to change your direct posit information. On the copy of my return that I have it has the correct information for my deposit. But apparently what you gave the IRS did not? What is TurboTax doing to address this issue.? no scripted answers no runaround I want a straight answer for the question so that I know what I need to do thank you very much!! 

After you file

Wow you couldn't have said it better, let me tell you something about my husband and I...so I had a -9.90 we still have not received any deposits we filled separately. Both of us checked my status and both of have a message stating our money was being sent in a check form on 1/6/21 my husband doesn't have a negative fee balance I can't get my any answers

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

After you file

Unfortunately in this public forum we cannot provide any specific information regarding the Turbo Debit Card.  In general, if you received the first stimulus payment on the card, you should receive the second one also.  There was a known issue that TurboTax has been working with the IRS to resolve that may have affected you.  This issue has been resolved and direct deposits are going to the correct accounts now.  But we can't say anything specific about your account nor the Turbo Card here in this forum.  For more complete customer service, please visit the following website:  Access Your Stimulus Payment on Your Turbo® Card | TurboTax®

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"