After you file

JUST ANOTHER UPDATE IN CASE ANYONE IS STILL FOLLOWING THIS PROBLEM.

Sorry I am late with the following paragraph - which is a detailed analysis of the Columns A, B,C of the 1040-X - which makes you question my due diligence of not doing it earlier - but still does not explain what is going on.

OK, it is funny that ALL of the values (Income, Tax Liability, Payments) in Column C  (Correct Amount column)  of the 1040-X match up exactly with my filed 2019 Return - WITH THE SINGLE EXCEPTION of the value on Line 16 (Amount paid with request for extension . . .) - and that line has $6,822 in it.  I didn't file any Extension, but did take advantage of the virus extended time to file - but filed the Return on 5/25/20.  But if you add the $6,822 value to my 2019 Tax Refund value of $6,670 - you can get to the $13,492 figure.  Amazing!!  So at least that part of the mystery is solved.

Again, I have no idea where the $6,822 value came from and it is also like Turbo subtracted bogus stuff in Column B from Column C to get the bogus entries in Column A - but Column C is essentially correct.  (It doesn't make sense that Turbotax used Bogus value to come up with Correct values for Column C).

Just mentioning this in case it rings a bell with anyone.

ron in shawnee