Tax2019Filer
Returning Member

Cant find my 2019 saved tax return

Lost my 2019 Tax Files.

I downloaded an update to the 2019 tax program and now I cannot find any of my 2019 tax returns.  

I have searched everywhere on my computer, but do not see them.

Were they deleted permanently or is there way I can recover?

Thanks for your help.

After you file

Program updates do not lose tax files ... however WIN OS updates can do stupid things ... did you look in the trash ? 

Tax2019Filer
Returning Member

After you file

Thanks for your response.

I'm using a Mac.  I did look in trash and still have not found my files.

After you file

Let's call for help... @macuser_22  are you out there ???

After you file

See:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-data-file/help/find-your-tax-data-file-in-mac/01/26206

It is usually stored in your Documents folder unless you overrode the default to store elsewhere.

If you use "TimeMachine" backups then you can probably recover a copy if you accidentally deleted the file.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
jenon7906

After you file

Need help finding my 2019 return

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

For our TurboTax Desktop product please see this TurboTax FAQHow do I get a copy of a tax return prepared with the TurboTax CD/Download software?

TurboTax Online:

First please make sure you are logged in with the correct USER ID in your TurboTax account, this is the most common reason not being able to find your prior year's tax return in TurboTax. 

Once you have logged into the correct TurboTax account please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information on how to access a prior year's tax return.

You can also obtain a free federal tax return transcript from the IRS: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

@jenon7906

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"