av8rixx

I was in the middle of amending my 2018 return and was logged out. When I logged back in I clicked on the link to amend my returns again and it logs me out every time.

Not taking me to amend my 2018 taxes when I click on the link

After you file

Ok ... this year's   ONLINE program was for the 2019 returns only and it has been shut down  to archive the returns and  make room for the 2020 program that will come online in December. 

So if you were really working on the 2018 return after 10/15/2019 then you must be using the DOWNLOADED AMENDMENT program ... did you download the program ?    Is the 2018 program shutting down ?   

av8rixx

After you file

I was on the website.  The option to amend 2017 and 2019 is there after it logged me out, but the link to amend 2018 logs me out instead of taking me to the link; like a glitch.  There's no link to continue where I left off.  Wanted to add a form I never received in time.  May be easier just to fill out the IRS form and mail it in because in the end it's what has to be done anyway.

After you file

To amend any returns now you must use the downloaded program even for the 2019 return.   If you thought you were amending the 2018 return online  then you were mistaken.