After you file

@ VolvoGirl wrote:

Did you see the top box in your screen shot?  Anyone click on more details?

I have a test account with a started (prior to Oct. 15) but not filed return, and I get the box that says I have until October 31 to efile an unfiled return and also warns about late filing fees.   The link just takes one to the below FAQ (the same as Critter posted above) that doesn't mention an unfiled return.  But the box displayed in Online TurboTax seems to speak for itself.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/what-s-the-irs-penalty-if-i-miss-the-october-15-ex...

In any case, if someone has not finished a timely-started return and has not filed at all (has NOT physically printed and already mailed), it can't hurt to try.  When one tries to efile, it will either allow it or not.

NOTE:  This does not apply to the original user's question about efiling after already printing and mailing, however (if it's already been mailed.)   I'm merely responding in general to what the box in Online TurboTax says about efiling at this point in time.

If user @ wa2c  has actually printed and already physically mailed the return, then efiling a second return would NOT be recommended.   It can gum up the works and cause delays.