br76-tampabay-rr
Returning Member

Electronic amended return rejected

I amended my 2019 tax return with turbotax. I got a notice it was rejected and to fix errors. I went back through and there were no errors and Turbotax does not show any errors so I am very confused.  Is there a way to talk to somebody to look this over for me or what is the best course of action?

Thank you for any help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

After you file

my hunch is That TT is not yet finished setting up e-filing for amended returns.   it would help if you posted the entire rejection message.

br76-tampabay-rr
Returning Member

After you file

Sorry I should have included that in the original question. I posted below the message I received. I checked all these fields initially and then I went back and checked them again and they are all correct. Also Turbotax software did not find these errors either so I am not sure why I am getting this coming back rejected??

IRS-IIT-AMENDED

TurboTax Electronic Postmark: August 28, 2020 07:26 PM PDT

Rejected On:
August 29, 2020 12:01 AM PDT

What this means:
The state has found the following problems with your return:

• Form 1040-X, 'TaxableIncomeAmt' in 'CorrectNumberOrAmountGrp' must be equal to the amended Form 1040, 'TaxableIncomeAmt'.
  • Form 1040-X, 'OtherTaxesAmt' in 'CorrectNumberOrAmountGrp' must be equal to the amended Form 1040, 'TotalOtherTaxesAmt'.
  • Form 1040-X, 'TotalItemizedOrStandardDedAmt' in 'CorrectNumberOrAmountGrp' must be equal to the amended Form 1040, 'TotalItemizedOrStandardDedAmt'.
  • Form 1040-X, 'AdjustedGrossIncomeAmt' in 'CorrectNumberOrAmountGrp' must be equal to the amended Form 1040, 'AdjustedGrossIncomeAmt'.
  • Form 1040-X, 'ChldWhoLivedWithYouCnt' in 'CorrectNumberOrAmountGrp' must be equal to the amended Form 1040, 'ChldWhoLivedWithYouCnt'.

Anonymous
Not applicable

After you file

The IRS now allows e-filing of amended returns.  Does your state? My state doesn't. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

After you file

Hi, I guess I could answer your question.  I had one of the same problems yesterday after I tried twice and got rejected twice. I reviewed the 1040-x form and found that somehow number of dependents changed and then I removed the incorrect number. That is it. Got accepted. Hope it can help.  

After you file

A umber of users have experienced problems with e-filing amended returns.  The IRS just began to accept e-filed 2019 returns and there have been some software glitches.  They are working on fixing the problem.  You might want to just wait a few days and try again when they fix it.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**