hughng92
Returning Member

I called the IRS and they said they did not owe me anything and I do not owe them anything. Where is my refund?

After you file

Did you have a federal tax refund?  Look at your federal return Form 1040 on Line 20.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Or -

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2019 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

hughng92
Returning Member

After you file

I am in desperate help.

First - I filed a tax returned for 2019 this year with turbo tax. I found no where on the application for me to file the Minnesota Property Tax return so I thought well, I needed to look for some resources locally how to file that.

Second - My  research led me to file again on another vendor call 1040now.com, which is a ridiculous vendor. The only way to contact them is email and they barely respond, but they take the fee very QUICK.

Third - my turbo tax return for 2019 file was rejected, well because 1040now processed my file and submitted for me. 

Finally - I called IRS today to ask where my refund is. They said they owed me nothing and I owed them nothing. I was advised to call the state as the refund may be issued by them. I called the state and they told me they have not received my state tax return, which was shown "accepted" on my 1040now account.

Is there any way I can delete all of my records with 1040now and start the process again with turbo tax? 

After you file

Yikes!  You have to find out and get a copy of the tax return that was filed by the 1040now company.  You probably need to amend that one to include all your income etc.  You need to amend starting with the wrong filed return.  So you have to amend at the 1040now website.

Or you can use Turbo Tax to Amend.  But you have to get a copy of the real first original return that was filed.  So post back when you have that.  Amended returns are on a 1040X and can only be mailed and will take a long time to process.  Like 16 weeks or more.

hughng92
Returning Member

After you file

Is there a number of turbo tax for me to call in? I would like to have turbo tax to help me with this and no other crappy vendors. I am so disappointed. With Covid 19, I need the additional fund while I am on furlough. 

After you file

@hughng92 wrote:

I am in desperate help.

First - I filed a tax returned for 2019 this year with turbo tax. I found no where on the application for me to file the Minnesota Property Tax return so I thought well, I needed to look for some resources locally how to file that.

Second - My  research led me to file again on another vendor call 1040now.com, which is a ridiculous vendor. The only way to contact them is email and they barely respond, but they take the fee very QUICK.

Third - my turbo tax return for 2019 file was rejected, well because 1040now processed my file and submitted for me. 

Finally - I called IRS today to ask where my refund is. They said they owed me nothing and I owed them nothing. I was advised to call the state as the refund may be issued by them. I called the state and they told me they have not received my state tax return, which was shown "accepted" on my 1040now account.

Is there any way I can delete all of my records with 1040now and start the process again with turbo tax? 

If you filed a 2019 tax return and it was Accepted by the IRS then there is no way you can remove your records with the other vendor, if that is the tax return that was accepted by the IRS.

If your federal tax return was rejected when filing with TurboTax what is the rejection code and message you received on the TurboTax email for the rejection?

You said you filed with TurboTax the 2019 tax return and then you filed another 2019 federal tax return with another vendor.

When did you e-file the 2019 federal tax return with TurboTax and when did you e-file the 2019 federal tax return with the other vendor?

Also for the MN property tax,  TurboTax supports the Form M1PR -  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/filing-and-paying-taxes/help/can-i-file-my-m1pr-minnesota-property...

hughng92
Returning Member

After you file

"If you filed a 2019 tax return and it was Accepted by the IRS then there is no way you can remove your records with the other vendor, if that is the tax return that was accepted by the IRS."

Response: Yes, that was the one accepted by the IRS.

"If your federal tax return was rejected when filing with TurboTax what is the rejection code and message you received on the TurboTax email for the rejection?"

Response: The rejection code is R0000-902-01 - A tax return has already been filed with the IRS using the same SSN or ITIN.

I do remember that it was rejected as a file was filed under my SSN at that point in time. I recognized that as I filed again with 1040Now.

"You said you filed with TurboTax the 2019 tax return and then you filed another 2019 federal tax return with another vendor. When did you e-file the 2019 federal tax return with TurboTax and when did you e-file the 2019 federal tax return with the other vendor?"

Response: I do not recall exactly the time frame with Turbo Tax but it is around February 2020, and them March 2020 for 1040Now.

Is there a way for me to claim my tax return? My original file with Turbo Tax showed that the Federal Tax Return should be around XYZ $, but I called IRS and they said they did not owe me anything.

Would Amended 1040X help? What is your guidance?