juliat101
Returning Member

How to edit the Tax & Interest Deduction Worksheet?

I only lived in one state for 2019, but for some reason, on the Tax & Interest Deduction Worksheet where it is calculating Sales Tax Per State of Residence, I ended up with two duplicate rows (both list the same state, starting date, ending date, etc).

Because of this, an error comes up saying "Beginning date lived in state problem. The dates entered result in more than 365 days. Please review the entries in the from and to columns to ensure there are no overlapping periods of residency."

I am unable to edit the form to remove the duplicate entry, and I have gone through and double-checked / re-answered all the questions in the steps before this. I would love some help figuring out how to resolve this!

After you file

You need to finish your question.

juliat101
Returning Member

After you file

Thank you! Not sure why it posted like that!

After you file

@juliat101 wrote:

Thank you! Not sure why it posted like that!

That is a very unusual problem.

Delete the Tax and Interest Deduction Worksheet.  Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the program screen.  Click on Tools.  Click on Delete a form

Then go back through the Sales Tax section of the program -

To enter your sales taxes

• Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
  • Click on Deductions and Credits
  • Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
  • Scroll down to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid
  • On Sales Taxes, click the start or update button

Or enter sales tax in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to sales tax

View solution in original post

After you file

Ooops...Sorry.  Meant to say delete the Tax and Interest Deduction Worksheet

juliat101
Returning Member

After you file

This solved the problem--thank you so much!

nic_ochoa

After you file

I ran into this issue as well and it turns out I had accidentally added a sales tax line item for a vehicle we purchased in 2020 twice.  I'm not sure how that happened but went back into Deductions and found the Sales Tax area & deleted the duplicate.  It then let me move forward and file.

After you file

This worked perfectly thank you for the help!!!