I received a duplicate SSN error when e-filing my 2019 return. I first registered for the Stymulus on the IRS page. Can I receive an alert when IRS fixes this issue?

AnnetteB6
Employee Tax Expert

After you file

There does not appear to be a way to register for an alert when the IRS offers further guidance or fixes this situation.  Keep an eye on the following TurboTax article since it will likely change with further information if and when the IRS offers another solution.

Reject R0000-902-01:  Taxpayer TIN must not be the same as a previously accepted return

@josefinar53

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

After you file

There is nothing to fix because if you said that you were a non-filer then that is the same thing as filing a blank tax return and you cannot e-file a second tax return.   You can only mail file now.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

After you file

But in the Turbo tax explanation of this error, says that even though the IRS is receiving mail in file, its not processing for now do to the COVID pandemic  and that if  you prefer to wait the IRS will provide a fix to this.