Liz0113
Returning Member

Issues with my 2018 tax return pdf form.

Im downloading my taxes that i completed in 2018. When i download it it shows that i put zero for everything except 1 line that says 24k. The information on there is incorrect and its not even showing me adjusted gross income numbers or anything else.

After you file

@ Liz0113 

When you log in, what does it show for the status of the 2018 return at the Tax Home when you scroll down to the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" and choose tax year 2018?   Does it say accepted, rejected, printed, started, ready to mail, or what?

Also see if you have more than 1 account without realizing it.    Many people end up with multiple accounts.   Your actual return from 2018 might be in another account.  Here's how to troubleshoot for multiple accounts (User IDs) :

You can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  A User ID may be an email address, but it doesn't have to be.  It might be only part of an email address, or it can be anything at all.

To get a list of your User IDs and recover account access, you can use the tool at the link below.  When using the Account Recovery tool, try using your phone number first.   After that, if necessary, then run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that on your phone number and email address(es) that you can access,  here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, and choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

Liz0113
Returning Member

After you file

When i go to 2018 it just gives me an option to download, but it gives me more options for 2017. Im able to click on adjusted gross. 

Liz0113
Returning Member

After you file

It also doesnt show that that the return status was accepted, but we received our taxes that year. 

After you file

@Liz0113 wrote:

When i go to 2018 it just gives me an option to download, but it gives me more options for 2017. Im able to click on adjusted gross. 

When you go to the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" and click on tax year 2018, it should have a status of the Federal return.  It should use one of these terms: accepted, rejected, printed, started, or ready to mail.    Which of those terms do you see?

Did you have a Federal tax refund in 2018, and if so, did you receive it?

You didn't say if you used the steps in my answer above to look for another account in which you might have prepared the actual 2018 return.   Did you find any other account?

After you file

@ Liz0113 wrote:

It also doesnt show that that the return status was accepted, but we received our taxes that year. 

We were typing at the same time.  What term does it use?  I'm suspicious that is not the account you used to file the return.    Use the steps I outlined earlier to check for multiple accounts as I mentioned originally.

Liz0113
Returning Member

After you file

I signed out of my accounts and when I click on the link it just has me change my password and go into my account. 

Liz0113
Returning Member

After you file

I'm only aware that I have 2 accounts for turbotax I logged into the other account, and it didnt show I did it on that account. 

Liz0113
Returning Member

After you file

Sorry, I also forgot to mention I did recieve my tax return for that year.

Liz0113
Returning Member

After you file

We looked at an email we received back when we filed taxes for 2018. It says we used the username that I had used to get into the account. And it also says that it was accepted in the email. 

After you file

@Liz0113 wrote:

We looked at an email we received back when we filed taxes for 2018. It says we used the username that I had used to get into the account. And it also says that it was accepted in the email. 

An email address that is used for notification purposes is not necessarily the same as a User ID.   It "may be" or it "may not" be.   As I said in my first posting above you can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  

I know you said the email said it was "accepted", but you never did say what status term is used inside the account with the problematic PDF--not the email.    You said the account "doesn't show as accepted", but you did not say what it actually DOES say in the account.    Does it happen to say one of these--printed, started, ready to mail, or what?

Regardless, I don't know of any other good explanation other than multiple accounts.  So far, you have mentioned no evidence inside the account that it was the one used to file the return, and there are several pieces of evidence that suggest it wasn't.

In any case, I doubt it will be resolved here in this user community forum. 

If you are using a paid product this year, you should be able to contact TurboTax Support by phone.  They can troubleshoot all your accounts and look up your accounts by SSN, etc.

Support hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern), Mon-Fri

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Or use this contact form:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

If you're using a free product this year, however, phone support is not included, but you can contact a TurboTax support agent through messaging at Twitter or Facebook:

https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax
or
https://www.facebook.com/turbotax

Other options include a free 2018 tax return transcript, which you can download from the IRS website if you qualify to open an IRS account:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

An actual copy of the full return from the IRS costs $50 and takes several weeks.

Liz0113
Returning Member

After you file

In the email we recieved it had the username I used. It was the same account that I'm logging into and am able to look at the past years besides 2018.  It shows the exact username and email that we used in the past returns. I dont have a paid account this year because we decided to do taxes with another company, and I only need this form for a FAFSA application and I cant contact anyone and I clicked the link you sent me. I have no idea how to see if I have other usernames, and it doesnt make sense when I have an email confirmation listed with the username that I am using to log into the account that I'm not getting access for the year 2018. 

Liz0113
Returning Member

After you file

I'll try some other usernames, but I'm not sure what it would be. 

After you file

@ Liz0113 wrote:

I'll try some other usernames, but I'm not sure what it would be. 

You may have a third account without realizing it.

I'm not convinced you used the Account Recovery tool correctly.  You have to do MORE than just merely logging out and and signing back in to use the Account Recovery tool.    You said you signed out, logged in, and then clicked on the Account Recovery link.  That is not enough.   You can end up in a loop that way, and that may be what happened to you, with it taking you right back to the same account.

I warned about that in my first answer above in a bold note.   You have to first clean up the browser, delete Intuit cookies, AND close and reopen the browser using the explicit instructions I provided in the bold NOTE I clearly outlined in my first answer above.    Only then can you use the Account Recovery tool.   Copy the link as I instructed and then clean up the browser (delete browser cache) and delete Intuit cookies.    Then close and open the browser and then paste the link you copied to get to the Account Recovery tool without signing into anything.   So go back to my first answer in this thread and read and follow all the instructions there carefully.  Print that answer out if you need to so you'll have the instructions.   As I mentioned in the first answer,  after you use it correctly, if the Account Recovery tool doesn't find it, there is an alternate method called "Try Something Else", which looks you up by SSN and other parameters.

The email you keep mentioning is not helpful.   As I mentioned a couple of times above, you can have up to 5 accounts that use the same email address for notification purposes.  So whether that is the right account or not, I have no way of knowing, but there is a lot of evidence against it, the biggest of which is that it doesn't have your finished return.

If you had used that account to file the 2018 return, the return status in "Your Tax Returns & Documents" should also say "accepted."    You previously said that section did not use the term "accepted", but you didn't say "what term" it actually said.  I asked that question three times above, trying to get you say outright what term is displayed there in that section, and it was never answered.    If it says printed, started, or ready to mail, that means the return was not efiled from that account.

So, I'm sorry, but I have nothing else to add.    It looks like only the folks at TurboTax can assist you on this.  They can question you to see if there is another account.  They have other ways to look you up.

You can try phoning TurboTax Support and seeing if you can get through.   They may ask you to pay 29.99.   You can get free help from TurboTax Support using Twitter or Facebook as I mentioned above.

Or a free tax return transcript from the IRS as I mentioned previously, which can be downloaded immediately if you can open an IRS account there.

I'll ask a Moderator to review this thread to see if he/she will assist you.  If so, it may not be until Monday.