Where’s my federal refund?!

I filed on 1/27, got my state return back a few weeks later but I have yet to receive my federal. I did receive a stimulus check. I’m so confused as to why I haven’t gotten my federal. 

After you file

Was your return accepted?  If your return was accepted then only the IRS knows when you will receive your refund.

All you can do now is keep checking the IRS website, Where's My Refund, the website updates once a day.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

View solution in original post

After you file

Yes it was accepted. 

I've never had a problem with getting my taxes back and usually my federal come before my state but it was flip flopped this year. 

I've been checking it everyday, no changed at all. 

After you file

It is very frustrating but since the IRS has your return, they are the only ones that can get it through their system.  The IRS is actually closed, they are still processing e-filed returns but it is taking them much longer.  Hoping you get your refund soon.

View solution in original post

After you file

It's extremely frustrating, being a single mom and relying heavily on my returns each year. I'm in a hard spot and nothing is making it any easier. 

I appreciate the feedback, hoping I get it very very soon, thanks. 

After you file

I may just not know enough about tax returns but friends I have that filed like a month after be got theirs within a few weeks of filing and I filed early, so I'm confused as to why there is a hold up on mine. I don't know if I did something wrong on it or what but its not like I can get ahold of anyone to figure that out to fix it if I need too. 

After you file

I am in the same boat with you. friends and family and co-workers all received their returns and stimulus checks but I am still waiting. Going on almost 4 months of waiting and still nothing. 

After you file

Same here, we are going on week four for us. When I check the status of it on the IRS's website all it says is that it's still processing.