After you file

For the people who haven't read this stuff already, here are some of the theories, supposedly because some of us filed early and during a government shutdown it caused our returns to get put behind the people who filed a bit later. I know that some people were chosen for the test batch and those are the ones that got the DDD the 22nd. I'm not sure how they choose those, it would seem like it would make sense to choose the people who filed first but as we've seen the system the irs has is flawed. Calling them over and over won't do anything, they don't consider you past your 21 days until early March actually because they seem to be starting the 21 days on or after the 15th of February when the PATH Act was lifted and return started processing, up until the processing time your return was just sitting there waiting to be processed but hasn't moved at all so they aren't going to consider that part of the 21 days.

As for getting the irs to send your transcript through a 3rd party app...people, use common sense here. Is it worth getting your identity and refund stolen just to get some info 10 hours faster. It's not worth it, as someone else said, DON'T DO IT! That's one of the worst ideas I've seen so far. The whole checking ssa thing is at least a secure website, it's just speculation and you can't rely on it. This is crazy though, don't do it and please don't tell other people to. It's a good way to make sure you never see you refund!