wharber

What happened to my January efile

I efiled in early February and somehow your system completely messed? I have been checking my bank account DAILY. I am wondering why my friends are getting their returns and mine is not here yet! I went into my turbo tax account and then it says it was never filed. I am extremely disappointed in Turbotax and will never trust you again and will tell my friends to stay away from your system

Centars
Returning Member

After you file

I filled my 2019 Federal and State taxes via IRS Free File Program delivered by Turbo tax on January 28, 2019.

As of this date 05/19/2020 I can not find any record that my Federal and State tax returns were filed. 

My Federal Tax due was $132.00, which I paid via turbo tax with my credit card.  My state Refund was

$42.00, which I have not received.   I checked with the IRS, and the City of Virginia Beach ,  neither has any indication that I filed my taxes.

What happened to my tax returns? 

Any help with matter will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

After you file

You say you paid your federal tax--by what method?  Do your credit card/bank records show that payment coming out of your account?

What is your e-file status?  Does it show that the return was accepted?  January 28 was really early to file a state return--some state forms were not even ready then.  Are you sure your state return was accepted?

Did you e-file?  Did you click a big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

First, check your e-file status to see if your return was accepted:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

If the IRS accepted it, what does it say here? 

https://www.irs.gov/refunds          

Or does your account say “Ready to Mail?”

Note: If it says “Ready to Mail” or “Printed” that means YOU have to mail it yourself.  TurboTax does not mail your tax return for you.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**