rlvarvil

I have a .pdf saved version of my Turbo Tax 2017 filing. Can I input that data into next years 2018 Turbo Tax?. I can not locate the Turbo Tax saved ex version(.tax)

After you file

Yes, you may enter 2017 related information when you completing your 2018 tax return(s) but I'm not sure if you meant to ask if you could transfer data from a .pdf file.

The 2018 TurboTax software is not in production yet so its capabilities are not officially known. Assuming functionality remains the same from 2017 to 2018, it is supposed to be possible to transfer from a .pdf file. However, just because the functionality exists to transfer from a .pdf file, it does not necessarily mean all the information will transfer without issues.

If you cannot find the 2017 .tax data file, I suggest re-creating it because you may need to file amended tax return(s) at some point and/or you may want to review how you entered information for your 2017 tax return(s) while you are completing your 2018 tax return(s). Please review the following link(s) and the link(s) embedded on the webpage(s) for more information:

View solution in original post

rlvarvil

After you file

Thank you TurboTax Edward,

If I re-create the 2017 (this is not a bad idea) return what do I do when it is time to "send File to IRS" which I have already done so.

After you file

You may select to file by mail but not actually mail. If your tax return(s) were already accepted, then you would not be able to successfully e-file again anyway.