Rorduno14

Direct deposit

Ok so I filed my direct deposit on my taxes and I got 1854 on my tax return but it says I’m only getting 654 direct deposit will I receive all my return via direct deposit or you guys took my money for the stimulus check cause I need that stimulus check of 1200 and my tax return of 1854 via direct deposit 

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

After you file

Regarding the $654 deposit you received, it sounds like your refund was offset. The IRS can offset refunds for many different things:

• Past-due child support;
  • Federal agency non-tax debts;
  • State income tax obligations; or
  • Certain unemployment compensation debts owed to a state.

I recommend contacting the Department of Treasury's Bureau of Fiscal Service (BFS) Offset Line to get details on your offset. You can contact the BFS call center at 800-304-3107 when the IRS reopens.

Regarding the stimulus, it sounds like your stimulus has not been funded yet. The IRS has not given TurboTax any official guidance as to when stimulus payments for every taxpayer will be released. As long as you provided your direct deposit information or mailing address information, you will receive the stimulus when it is released to you (as long as you otherwise qualify for it).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Rorduno14

After you file

No I did my taxes two days ago but I think there was a mistake I owe nothing on child support or the state of California i just need my file to be looked at and see if my information is correct it still tells me my tax return is 1854 but I think there just sending me 654 via direct deposit I want the whole thing via direct deposit and my stimulus check direct deposit as well I already got my tax return accepted I don’t see why my info is not in the irs system if I did my taxes on 4/14/2020 I have not received no money from stimulus and I just want to see if my taxes info has changed or is correct how I’m seeing it

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

After you file

You will need to contact the IRS and Franchise Tax Board directly.

If they made any adjustments to your refunds, they will send you a notice explaining why they made any changes and will give you an opportunity to appeal if you do not agree.

Where's my refund

Tracking CA refund

The stimulus payment is being issued independently of your tax return refunds.  You can use the following link from the IRS to determine what the status is for your stimulus check.  

Check status of economic payment

Please be aware, if the IRS issued your stimulus payment before your 2019 tax return was filed, your stimulus payment will be based off of your 2018 tax return.

FAQ for Economic payments

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"