I amended my 2019 returns through Turbo tax. they are not showing up on my account. they were downloaded and mailed but not in my documents.

After you file

I assume you used Online TurboTax. If so, log in and at the Tax Home, scroll down to the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents".  Expand that section and choose tax year 2019.  Then choose the link to "Download/print the PDF."     If that PDF does not have the Form 1040X in it, here's another way to get a larger PDF with additional forms:

If you can't use the Download/print button at the Tax Home or the "Download/print the PDF" link in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents", or if you're getting incomplete documents when you use one of those methods, here's an alternate way to print by opening the filed return back up to print at the Print Center.

NOTE:  When you open your return back up, do not make any changes in it since it's already been filed.

• Log in and at the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2019, look for a link "Add a State."
  • Click on "Add a State."  (you don't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)
  • After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
  • Then choose "Print, save, view this year's return."
  • The next screen should offer some options:  "Just my tax returns", or "include government worksheets (optional)", or "include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)"
  • See if one of those PDFs has what you need.  The latter has the most pages.

NOTE:  Remember all PDF tax documents and tax data files are very sensitive files, since they contain your personal ID info, financial data, and possibly bank account numbers, etc.  Be sure to store them safely and securely to guard against computer theft, hacking, etc.

After you file

Thank you very, very much @mesquitebean! Your post saved me a bunch of time and promptly relieved me of that awful feeling when you know you've amended your return - and even printed it out - but then cannot find the electronic record! 

------------------------------

@TurboTax product management and developers and UX/UI professionals - as much as I am grateful for mesquitebean's excellent help here in providing a solution I don't think many of us would have intuitively arrived at on our own... I think it's literally insane that, like me, your customers:

1. can pay good money to use your software to create a tax return for the current tax year
  2. then amend and print that return as part of the amended return workflow
  3. and then be unable to locate the electronic record of their amended return intuitively and easily from the "Your Tax Returns & Documents" area
  4. in fact will find no record of the amended return there - only the original return which is logically inaccurate and not the return they expect, want or need
  5. will also find that the chat bot's help on this topic is not helpful, in fact because it does not provide answers or options that refer to 2019 returns as of today - it may in fact make matters worse, causing more confusion and circular searching for the needed answer

The result of the process above is that your customers are unnecessarily caused stress, confusion and wasted time. Like me, many will quickly lose confidence in TurboTax and its ability to accurately store important tax records and their work in preparing and ensuring the accuracy of those returns. They may also feel that in this use case they are not getting what they paid for - not just the preparation of tax returns but also the easy and reliable and 100% accurate access to electronic versions of those returns should they be needed for any reason.

Lastly, fixing this would be in your company's best interest as well. I would think that some customers will also contact your support line costing you money that you should not need to part with for this particular issue.

Thanks for reading - hopefully the TurboTax team can make the workflow for retrieving amended returns clearer and more intuitive.

After you file

@TaxSoftwareWeakSauce wrote:

Thank you very, very much @mesquitebean! Your post saved me a bunch of time and promptly relieved me of that awful feeling when you know you've amended your return - and even printed it out - but then cannot find the electronic record! 

You're welcome.  I'm glad you were able to get it. 

I agree it's not intuitive at all for folks who can't find it in their PDF they get from the Tax Home page.   

Good luck.

After you file

@TaxSoftwareWeakSauce 

When you complete the returns the first time you are offered the option to save and/or view the PDF of the return prior to filing ... it amazes me the number of users who do not save the PDF right then  and there for referencing   instead they expect to just access is later which cannot always be done.   

When you file an amended return or add a state after the fed is filed the PDF on the landing screen usually doesn't have the entire PDF available and you have to "sneak" in the backdoor option to get to the full PDF prior to the close of the filing season in October.  

At the end of October the system goes dark while the millions of returns are archived ... this blackout period lasts until the next tax year goes live in early December.   Once the returns are archived you can ONLY get a PDF that includes all the worksheets ... prior to that you can save the PDF 3 ways ... as filed, with fed worksheets and  with all worksheets.   The program should educate  and encouraged everyone to save the PDF all 3 ways  for future reference  and save the .taxfile in case it is needed later for amending.