Trg6803
Returning Member

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Direct deposit

I filed in 2018 in which I got a return and had my banking routing number and account number on that return I just filed my 2019 taxes and it does not show my routing number or bank account number for direct deposit I assume because I owe this year how will this affect my stimulus check will it be deposited into the 2018 direct deposit or will it mess up any chance of direct deposit this year I owe the federal taxes 215.00 ?

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

After you file

It depends.

If the IRS receives and processes your 2019 tax return before they process your stimulus payment, your stimulus payment will be based off of your 2019 return.

If they process it based upon your 2018 return, then your stimulus payment will be processed based upon that return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After you file

irs says that they never received my taxes for 2018. I filed them through turbo tax on 4.14.2019

VictorW9
Expert Alumni

After you file

And you received an email confirming your taxes was e-filed and was accepted by the IRS? Unless, you are sure that you did complete the e-file process, then it's going to be hard to prove that you actually e-filed your return with TurboTax.

OSCAR23

After you file

HOW CAN I FILE MY TAXES FOR 2016

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

After you file

To fie your 2016 Taxes, go to File your 2016 taxes

@OSCAR23