If I paid taxes instead of receiving a refund will I receive my stimulus on the account listed for auto draft in turbo?

After you file

omg! i was coming here to make this same post!

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

After you file

The IRS said the first checks for those who have direct deposit set up with the IRS will start to go out the week of April 13

The stimulus money will arrive either in your bank account if you set up direct deposit with the IRS for past refunds during tax season, or in the mail with your registered address. 

If you would like to set up direct deposit to receive your payment directly to your bank account, the IRS said it expects to have an online tool you can use to set up and track electronic payments by April 17.

After you file

I'm sorry ma'am but you didn't answer my question. If I paid taxes with via my bank account listed in Turbo will I receive a stimulus via that same account in Turbo or will I have to give the IRS my banking info via their tool due to come out at end of week? 

After you file

Someone Answered but does the reply make sense to you or are you still confused?

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

After you file

We believe so.   The IRS has not given us much information about this, but based on the information we have it appears that if you used direct debit to pay taxes that the IRS will attempt to use this account information to transmit your payment via direct deposit. 

The IRS is working quickly to get as many deposits processed as possible. They expect to have a tool available in the coming days for taxpayers who do not receive deposits in the first round to check their status, and to provide information if the IRS has no information or incorrect/outdated information.  

Please check the links below frequently for updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

Safeguard your information.  Do not click on links in any e-mail sent to you asking for your bank information.  Go directly to IRS or US Treasury websites to provide this information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"