Glmmdw16
Returning Member

If my efile was accepted by irs doesnt that mean it went threw and was approved

After you file

If you efiled your return, then approximately 24-48 hours later (or sometimes sooner) you would find out if it was "accepted" or "rejected".    If your efile was "accepted", that does NOT mean it was approved.  It means it was received and met the criteria such that the IRS could accept it to begin processing the return.  Only after the return has been processed will the IRS says it was approved and provide a deposit date.  You can monitor that in the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool that I will explain below.

The IRS says 9 out of 10 filers who efile and choose direct deposit will get their Federal refunds within 21 days after the efiled return was accepted for processing. Some returns are processed fairly quickly, while others require additional processing due to specific items in the return. Some are pulled at random for more thorough investigation.

If you efiled, double-check to be sure the return was efiled successfully and accepted.
If you used Online TurboTax, you can sign into your Online Account and check the efile status at the Tax Home.

If that showed it was accepted, you can use the "Where's My Refund" tool at the IRS website below to monitor the status of your Federal refund.   If you only recently efiled, wait at least 24 hours after being accepted before trying the tool.
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

NOTE: When using that tool, use only the Federal refund amount, and not any total refund amount that includes a state refund.
The amount to use is on your Federal Form 1040, Line 21a.

To track a state refund:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-state-refund/00/25571

Glmmdw16
Returning Member

After you file

But what I don't understand is can you go on there and track it if u did a non filer  info on turbo for stimulus money I didn't file yearly tax's it's for my stimulus check 

After you file

@ Glmmdw16 wrote:

But what I don't understand is can you go on there and track it if u did a non filer  info on turbo for stimulus money I didn't file yearly tax's it's for my stimulus check 

Your original question you asked above in the thread title is the same question that people ask when they have efiled a tax return and are wanting to check on a tax refund.   You didn't mention at all "what" you had efiled and was accepted and specifically, you didn't mention "stimulus".

The information and WMR tool I provided above is for someone who filed a tax return and is expecting a tax refund, not a stimulus payment.  So you can disregard it.

Sorry, but I can't help you any on the stimulus question.    I'm not familiar with the TurboTax "non-filer info".

It would have been better if you had mentioned that in the question title to attract someone who might be familiar with stimulus issues.   Someone might still see this thread discussion and respond further.   But it's less likely, since it doesn't mention stimulus and has already been answered.

But if you want to start another thread, you can go to the link below and click the blue "Ask a question" button.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/02/202

In the question title, mention the stimulus.. Also provide the information you posted in this question about what all you've done so far, and make it clear what you are wanting to know about it. 

The question title is limited in space, but right below the title line there is a box for additional details.