Direct deposit

How can I include my direct deposit number after I already filed my taxes

After you file

How do I give the IRS my direct deposit information if I already filed my taxes?

The IRS will launch a separate web portal later in April that will allow taxpayers who filed returns in 2018 or 2019, but did not provide any banking information, to submit direct deposit information. Otherwise, you will receive your stimulus check by mail, which could take several months.

This post will be updated when the web portal launches. Until then, you can check the “economic impact payment” page on the IRS website for the latest information.

View solution in original post

After you file

I filed with TurboTax already, but I'm not getting a refund, so it would not accept any banking info at the time I filed or afterward. But I cannot file as a non-filer because I've already filed.

After you file

The IRS should have included a way to correct direct deposit information immediately on their website.  My 2018 direct deposit information is incorrect.  Since I did not owe or get any refund in 2019 taxes I filed I was not able to include any direct deposit information.  This was not handled right.  Very upsetting.  I am sure that there are alot of us out there that needs to change there direct deposit information so it does not go into the wrong account.  By the time this website offers this information in late April most of us will not get acheck until months later.  What a mess.  Such a simple thing that did got overlooked.

After you file

This is truly annoying. Can I call the IRS so they dont mail out a check that takes 5 months to receive? What is the point of the stimulus if we are all back and working for months before we see it?

Mitchmate
Returning Member

After you file

why is it only those of us who have used your product, and a select few others services, and even thou we have gotten our returns via direct deposit will not receive the economic stimulus checks. And, what is Intuit doing to fix that situation for its users.  like myself....

terrie43
Returning Member

After you file

Hi this is Terrie Robinson and I'm changing my account from I don't now where I have that bank account at but I do have a hole new bank account numbers they are [social security number removed] that's the routing number and the account number is [phone number removed]0 thank u 

terrie43
Returning Member

After you file

My number is [phone number removed] This is Terrie 

After you file

I want to fix my direct deposit information 

Amiemann

After you file

Just did my tax and didn't finish verification on my direct deposit and got lost. Please help.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

After you file

It depends.

If you have not filed your return yet, you can make this change in the File section of the program.

Changing Direct Deposit information

Entering bank direct deposit information

If you have already filed your return and it has been accepted, you cannot make any changes to your return as it has already been transmitted to the IRS.  If your bank account is no longer there, the deposit will be rejected and your refund will be mailed on a paper check to the address on the tax return filed.

Federal refund questions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Meaner11
Returning Member

After you file

how can I check to see if I put my direct deposit number right 

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

Your direct deposit account information can be located on your Tax Return Summary. For steps on how to access your Tax Return Summary page please click the link below.

Where can I find my direct deposit account informa...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"