Bsaw89

Filed taxes over 40 days ago

I filed in February, intuit said my tax and the IRS tax return tracker doesn't even say I've filed my taxes yet. 

Turbotax wont get back to me about this issue. Did they actually file it?

After you file

I am having the same exact issue, I just posted about it as well. My rent was due on the 1st of April, I am in a very tight spot. 

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

After you file

Once you select Transmit Now, your tax return is sent to the IRS and state department of revenue for processing. With the new tax laws and updates and now limited staff, the IRS is taking every precaution to ensure each tax return is process correctly and fully. There's no way to know when the IRS will update to refund approved. Until the IRS starts processing your tax return on their own, you may not find record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. 

Because the IRS issues refunds not TurboTax, we can't say for sure why you haven’t received your refund as of yet. You'll have to speak directly to IRS to find out more about the delay as they are the only ones with the ability to check your information. You can reach them at 800-829-1040. When calling, be sure to have the following:

• Your Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
  • Your filing status (Single, Head of Household, Married Filing Joint, or Married Filing Separate)
  • Your prior-year tax return (they may ask you questions from it to verify your identity)
  • A copy of the tax return you’re calling about
  • Any letters they may have sent you
  • Paper and pen to take notes—make sure to write down the day you called and the name and ID number of the agent you spoke to, as well as any instructions or deadlines you were given.

Please note: It may take over an hour to get your call answered as the IRS lines are busy at this time of year.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/irs/help/what-do-i-need-if-i-call-the-irs/00/27378

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"