For the stimulus check my 2019 taxes with my son says that its still processing, but I submitted it on Jan 30th. Am I gonna get the credit for him or will be based on 2018?

DianeC958
Expert Alumni

After you file

If your son is 17 or older as of 2019, you will not get the Stimulus Payment for him.

If he filed his own tax return and could not be claimed as a dependent for someone else, he will receive his own Stimulus Payment.

If he is to receive a refund for his 2019 return on a direct deposit, if he qualifies for the Stimulus Payment the amount will be deposited into that same account.

@hellzxangell

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After you file

my son is only 6 months old. The check is pending in my account, and I do not have the child credit. Why is that?

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

After you file

Did you claim him on your 2019 return and indicate he lived with you all 12 months?  I know he wasn't born yet, but a child born during the year you always put all 12 months.

Lwitwer

After you file

@CatinaT1 We didn't get the $500 for our child born in 2019 either. I filed online through H&R Block and don't remember seeing a checkbox for if they lived with us for all 12 months.

KarenJ2
Expert Alumni

After you file

You need to check your copy of your 2019 tax return and see if your son is listed on your tax return.  Also, he might qualify for the child tax credit, you may have received an additional credit on your return if he was listed as a dependent.

If he was not listed as a dependent, you would need to amend your return.  Any correction to the stimulus payment will be an adjustment on your 2020 tax return.  So you will receive the $500 credit on your 2020 return.

After you file

He was on my tax return as a dependent, I got a credit for him on it. Just not on my stimulus check 

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

After you file

If your son was under age 17 and you did not get a stimulus credit for him look for a letter from the IRS in next week or so.  You will get the opportunity to report any errors you encountered.