How do i file for the covid relief if i filed my taxes before the bill made

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

After you file

If you filed your 2018 or 2019 tax return, the IRS has your information, you do not need to do anything else to receive your stimulus payment.

You qualify for the stimulus check if you are a U.S. residents will receive the Economic Impact Payment of $1,200 for individual or head of household filers, and $2,400 for married filing jointly if they are not a dependent of another taxpayer and have a work eligible Social Security number with adjusted gross income up to:

• $75,000 for individuals
  • $112,500 for head of household filers and
  • $150,000 for married couples filing joint returns

Taxpayers will receive a reduced payment if their AGI is between:

• $75,000 and $99,000 if their filing status was single or married filing separately
  • 112,500 and $136,500 for head of household
  • $150,000 and $198,000 if their filing status was married filing jointly

The amount of the reduced payment will be based upon the taxpayers specific adjusted gross income.

Eligible retirees and recipients of Social Security, Railroad Retirement, disability or veterans' benefits as well as taxpayers who do not make enough money to normally have to file a tax return will receive a payment. This also includes those who have no income, as well as those whose income comes entirely from certain benefit programs, such as Supplemental Security Income benefits.

You can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

TurboTax Corona Virus Updates or IRS Corona Tax Relief.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Ed279

After you file

About 6 weeks ago I used TurboTax to file my Fed and State returns.  At that time you set a refund amount of $1200.  Today, I received a letter from the IRS to watch for a mailed stimulus check for $1200.

My wife and I are on Social Security with a combined income of @ $22000.  Why are we not getting $1400 each?

The letter indicates the check amount is based on the refund amount on my Federal tax return.

After you file

@Ed279 wrote:

About 6 weeks ago I used TurboTax to file my Fed and State returns.  At that time you set a refund amount of $1200.  Today, I received a letter from the IRS to watch for a mailed stimulus check for $1200.

My wife and I are on Social Security with a combined income of @ $22000.  Why are we not getting $1400 each?

The letter indicates the check amount is based on the refund amount on my Federal tax return.

The $1,200 you received is for the second stimulus.  It was $600 each.  The third stimulus has not been issued yet.