aedcaimax

If we filed 2019 taxes through turbo tax does the irs have our bank account info for direct deposit?

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

After you file

Maybe.  If you received a refund via direct deposit or paid your taxes via ACH draft, then the IRS has your bank account information.   The IRS will open a portal for taxpayers who do not receive their payment by direct deposit initially to update or correct their information in mid-April as part of the "Where's my payment" tool currently in development. 

Check these links frequently for updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

Safeguard your information.  Do not click on links in any e-mail sent to you asking for your bank information.  Go directly to IRS or US Treasury websites to provide this information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jusmetim

After you file

I filed a return but had my refund placed on a Turbo Tax credit card.  The bank account I used for my 2018 refund is no longer valid.  I need to submit information on my current account.  The new portal will not allow me to do that because I have already filed a return.  

How can I get my bank account information to the IRS so that I can receive a timely stimulus check? 

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

After you file

Unfortunately we don't have a definitive answer.  We are still waiting for direct guidance from the IRS regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments and how they will be distributed to these types of accounts. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus-tax-relief-and-economic-impact-payments

https://turbotax.intuit.com/coronavirus/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"