nyctaxi14

How do i amend taxes paid item put down in error?

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

If the return was already filed, you will need to wait until it has been processed and you have received your refund or confirmation that any tax due was paid. (If you file an amended return while your first return is being processed, it can cause extended delays for both returns)

Amended returns can only be mailed. It is suggested that it be mailed certified with return receipt (or other tracking service) to verify that the IRS receives it.

You can check the status of the amended return here, but allow 3 weeks after mailing.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
nyctaxi14

After you file

Thanks for that . I was not clear. Sorry. I put in wrong taxes paid and have to change it. Return not filed yet. Stay safe. Hope all is well with you.

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

If you have not filed, please follow the instructions below: 

Please go to Turbo Tax and click that you need to either amend your return or to add a state. **You do not actually need to complete either of those, but if you select one it will open your return back up for editing.  Go to the top and click on the Federal Taxes tab and this will open the federal return so you may edit your information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"