DesertLawn
Returning Member

IRS not cash electronicly my payment

Hello,  When I filed tax on 03/27/2020, I set up an electronic payment to IRS.  However, up until now, April 7th, IRS has not yet withdraw the payment from my bank account.  Is this something I need to follow up with IRS?  If so,  how to follow up on this issue.  

Thanks 

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

After you file

I suggest you contact the IRS.  Your local branch may be able to assist you.

To find a Local Office:     Local IRS Offices

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After you file

The IRS has not taken my payment either.  I had it set for 03/31/2020 and it's 04/07/2020 today.  Is this a problem with Turbo Tax or is it because of the Federal government (IRS) being busy with sending out the stimulus checks?

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

After you file

You can call the IRS e-file Payment Services 24/7 at 1-888-353-4537 to inquire about your payment to see when they plan to take the payment from your account.  However, please wait for 7 to 10 days after your return was accepted before calling.

@Mom_of_3_sons

After you file

Mine either. I had it set up to take out on Mar. 30th when I filed. I did however never receive an email saying approved. Only one that said accepted, if you owe do you still get an email saying approved?

After you file

You ONLY get an email for ACCEPTANCE for processing ... a balance due return is never APPROVED for anything.  Review your filing instruction page to see when the payment was to be taken and from where ... if the Debit info is incorrect you have until 7/15 to make a timely payment. 

How do I review the method I chose to pay my federal income tax with, after filing with TurboTax Online?

You can verify the tax payment method you chose on the Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2019 Federal Tax Return page, next to Balance Due/Refund. To see the page, follow these instructions:

1. Open your return if it’s not already open.
  2. On the [Your name], your 2019 federal return was accepted! screen, scroll down and select Add a State (don’t worry, we’re not adding a state) to access your tax forms and worksheets.
  3. On the left side select Tax Tools then Print Center.
  4. On the TurboTax Print Center screen, select Print, save or preview this year’s return.
  5. On the next TurboTax Print Center screen, select 2019 federal returns and Include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional) then select View or print forms.
  6. The information will be on the first page, Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2019 Federal or State Tax Return next to Balance Due/Refund.

After you file

Oh ok so I'll just get the accepted email, but why haven't they taken out the taxes due yet? Does it usually take a over a week for them to do that? I double checked all my info and withdraw date and it was all correct.

After you file

First don't spend the money ... expect the debit to happen anytime... however   if  you haven't noticed there is a pandemic going on and more than 1/2 of the IRS staff is not working right now ... and those who are working are focused on getting refunds out as fast as possible ... payments are not due until 7/15 so they are put on the back burner for right now. 

If you want to delay the payment you can using the IRS instructions here : 

• Once your return is accepted, information pertaining to your payment, such as account information, payment date, or amount, cannot be changed. If changes are needed, the only option is to cancel the payment and choose another payment method.
  • Call IRS e-file Payment Services 24/7 at 1-888-353-4537 to inquire about or cancel your payment, but please wait 7 to 10 days after your return was accepted before calling.
  • Cancellation requests must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. ET two business days prior to the scheduled payment date.

After you file

Got it, thanks for your help. Yeah I noticed something was going on out there.... just wasn't sure exactly what. J/K... I actually thought they were still all working but just from home.

DesertLawn
Returning Member

After you file

Hello,  I wonder if this a Turbo Tax system's issue with IRS filing.  It does not sound right that IRS not taking $$ that we owed them from our Electronic Payment.  Someone in Turbo Tax should check into it.  

DesertLawn
Returning Member

After you file

Hello,  

A few friends sent in the paper checks,  their paper checks were cashed by IRS within a week.   I wonder, the Electronic payment is the Turbo Tax system problem, more than the Covid 19 issue.  

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

For info concerning the payment, please click the link below.

When will my tax payment go through? - Community

After you file

Good luck getting anyone on the phone ... as I said ... they are overwhelmed right now and understaffed ... balance due returns are being put on hold right now ... and the IRS initiates the Debit ... all TT does is send the Debit info with the return ... the IRS must process the payment.   Just don't spend the money is all I can say. 

FYI ... when paper checks are mailed in they automatically go to the payment processing department ... debits are not the same thing ... and nothing is due until 7/15 so just be patient.