coryh2424

What if I owed taxes but put my bank info on my tax return to pay what I owe will the stimulus still go into my bank account then? It's attached to I my 2019 tax return?

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

Yes, even if you owe taxes, the government will use the bank information on your  tax return to deposit the stimulus funds electronically into your account. For more info please click the link below.

What do I need to know about the coronavirus stimu ...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ash34
Returning Member

After you file

@ChondelLO  what about with the latest update Turbo distributing the payment. Had refund 2019 but owed taxes and still put my bank acct information on. Will turbo be distributing to the account on file even if taxes were owed. 

IsabellaG
Expert Alumni

After you file

It depends. You can check your payment status here by clicking the Get My Payment button from the IRS.  If you don’t receive the  stimulus payment or the correct amount of stimulus payment, you can claim the Recovery Rebate Credit when you file your 2020 taxes and it will provide the same amount of payment as the stimulus would have. TurboTax will guide you through this when you prepare your return.

ash34
Returning Member

After you file

Hmm ok i received The first one via mail i was Only referencing you all since all the emails about turbo now disturbing them.  Was not sure would it just use what was on file 

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

After you file

In this forum we can't give specific information on anyone's stimulus payment.  However, if you received the first payment, your second payment should also be deposited into the same account.  If your account was affected by the IRS depositing error, then this is now resolved and deposits should begin today, but may take a few business days to see reflected in your bank account.  Owing money to the IRS should not affect you receiving a stimulus payment, but owing back child support would.