What date do I enter on "Federal Service To Date"

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

After you file

Federal Service To Date is the time you spent in the service (military or government).  TurboTax believes you currently in the armed services or working for the government.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After you file

I received a $48 payout after my mother passed away. I got a 1099-R. I am confused, now Oregon wants to know the federal service to date. My mother was 97 years old and retired years ago. What do I put in that box?

Anonymous
Not applicable

After you file

You can reach out to your local state agency.  See this FAQ  for more information regarding how to contact your local state agency  Or, you can reach out to the institution that issued the 1099-R.

After you file

I forgot to add my economic impact payment on my taxea

LenaH
Employee Tax Expert

After you file

If you did not report the stimulus payments received and then received the Recovery Rebate Credit on your tax return, then the IRS will adjust your refund or amount due to reflect the stimulus payments you actually received. You do not have to take any further action or amend your tax return. 

Per the IRS, If you entered an amount on line 30 but made a mistake in calculating the amount, the IRS will calculate the correct amount of the Recovery Rebate Credit, make the correction to your tax return and continue processing your return. If a correction is needed, there may be a slight delay in processing your return and the IRS will send you a notice explaining any change made.

@jonesjanita321

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After you file

Turbo Tax won't allow me to complete my return until I enter Federal Service dates on the Oregon Information Worksheet. However I never did any federal service

After you file

So how do  fix it

Mriehl68

After you file

Turbo Tax won't allow me to complete my return until I enter Federal Service dates on the Oregon Information Worksheet. However I never did any federal service:  

Mine is asking me the same question and I haven't served. I went back to see if I entered the wrong answer to the question but I said No to been in the Military. 

After you file

Sorry to bother you but what did you end up writing cuz I got one from my dad this year

After you file

Did they end up helping you out in the same situation 

Mriehl68

After you file

I haven't received any response from them yet. 

After you file

Go back to "Your xxxx Oregon taxes are ready for us to check" . . .

and choose the [Edit] box on Income.

Under "Here's the income that Oregon handles differently" 

[Revisit] Retirement / IRA and Pension Distribution Adjustments

Leave the "We received federal pension income for federal service" tickmark, ticked

(because that's not the way to fix this error)

Press [Continue] instead

and, "Review Federal Pension Benefits" (even if one mistakenly reported federal government service pension benefits.   Press [Continue]

and this is where one edits and deletes any non-blank values under the column Deduction.

Simply, [Edit]

and then blank out any entries in Pension Benefits, Date Work Began, Points earned . . . , Date Work Ended.

Blankity-blank it all.

That will blank out one's Federal Pension Income on one's Oregon taxes.