Can I put a debit card on my file now for the stimulus check ?

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

We have not had guidance if you will be able to change/add information from the most recent direct deposit information that IRS may have for you and you may now need to update it. Please see this information regarding the economic impact payments:

How will the IRS know where to send my payment?

The vast majority of people do not need to take any action. The IRS will calculate and automatically send the economic impact payment to those eligible.

For people who have already filed their 2019 tax returns, the IRS will use this information to calculate the payment amount. For those who have not yet filed their return for 2019, the IRS will use information from their 2018 tax filing to calculate the payment. The economic impact payment will be deposited directly into the same banking account reflected on the return filed.

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

Please check back with these websites for updates:

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus

https://turbotax.intuit.com/coronavirus/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After you file

I need to know if or how I can accomplish this. Thank you

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

@freshwick71 Not at this time.  We are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details.

In the meantime, you can visit the following links for the most recent updates:

IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief

TurboTax Corona Virus Tax Center Updates

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"