Sicotte85

After you file

Hi I just received my federal tax return and when i filed it said my federal return was $3,894 and I only received $2,126. Where did the other $1,723 of my return go? 

After you file

@Sicotte85 wrote:

Hi I just received my federal tax return and when i filed it said my federal return was $3,894 and I only received $2,126. Where did the other $1,723 of my return go? 

For the federal tax refund, go to this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

Why is my refund different than the amount on the tax return I filed?
All or part of your refund may have been used (offset) to pay off past-due federal tax, state income tax, state unemployment compensation debts, child support, spousal support, or other federal nontax debts, such as student loans. To find out if you may have an offset or if you have questions about an offset, contact the agency to which you owe the debt.

We also may have changed your refund amount because we made changes to your tax return. You’ll get a notice explaining the changesWhere’s My Refund? will reflect the reasons for the refund offset when it relates to a change in your tax return.

Tax Topic 203 - Refund Offsets for Unpaid Child Support, Certain Federal and State Debts, and Unempl... has more information about refund offsets.

Monsterup

After you file

I received Visa turbo card in the mail a week later the said I have a $11.20. Credited to my card I don't understand 

t haya2008
Returning Member

After you file

I shouldn't be complaining, but the IRS took $300 from my federal tax return and I don't owe any taxes. I should be waiting for an explanation in the mail... This happens to every other year and then I would get a letter in the mail saying I made a mistake in my tax file. I don't know why... lol...

t haya2008
Returning Member

After you file

I am beginning to think that you may not have filed your tax return correctly. You said INDEPENDENT SIBLINGS. Do you mean dependent siblings?

t haya2008
Returning Member

After you file

What the hell are you doing? You want third-party to have full access to your tax refund? Big Big mistake... I would rather have the money in my hands, then buy myself an empty credit card to load some of my tax refund into... This is just bad... Right now, you have no idea where your money is and when and if you are ever going to see that money deposited into your credit card... Don't ever never do this. Always with anything that involves MONEY, if you have the option of direct depositing the money into your bank account, then do it. TurboTax always asked me if I wanted my tax refund in their Credit Card and I always declined. Nothing against TurboTax by the way... I love TurboTax Service, but it is just me. When it comes to money, I would rather do most or all of the dealings than give someone total access to my money and then expect it to be there for you when you need it. lol... I have very little trust when it comes MONEY...lol... I hope you get all of your money in your credit card soon... bye,

rafita74

After you file

No I didn’t receive my refund 

rafita74

After you file

That’s happened with my federal tax refund, I think is the office who makes somes mistake

grenadiers1952
Returning Member

After you file

I am unable to reach Turbo Tax by phone or online.  You say you do not have my e mail address yet you filed two returns for me (one for my daughter and myself).  There is a difference in what the IRS deposited into my checking account and what Turbo Tax said I would get.  It was easier contacting the OFFSET DEBT department of the Treasury than you people.  According to them, I DO NOT HAVE AN OFFSET DEBT. Therefore, Turbo Tax charged me for extra fees and did not inform me.  If it was the IRS who erred they would have sent me a letter of explanation.  I purchased a disc at Office Depot which was unusable.  I got through to Turbo Tax and the tech converted to an online version.  My refund was deposited 3/16/2020.  The difference is $50.00.  Sounds like an additional fee from Turbo Tax.  If you say it is not, then have someone contact me at my e mail address of

[email address removed] or call me at [phone number removed] (cell) or land phone [phone number removed] if you want me to

return as a customer next year.

grenadiers1952
Returning Member

After you file

I have a similar problem this year.  Did you get yours resolved?  How?  I cannot even reach Turbo Tax either through phone ( because they say they do not have my e mail address on file??) or online.  I called the Treasury Dept. who handles OFFSET DEBT and they said I do not have any.  Turbo Tax may have charged me an extra fee but did not inform me.  I would be most appreciative if you can give me any insight as to how to resolve this problem.  Thank you

Helen Saunders

[email address removed]

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

@grenadiers1952 Did you use the Pay With My Refund service?  That would reduce the amount you received in your direct deposit:  Why is my direct-deposited refund or check lower t ...

Try using the contact number listed in the following TurboTax FAQ to speak with a customer service representative.  They will be able to see what you were billed for:  What is the TurboTax phone number? - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After you file

I honestly have not got this resolved. I’m not sure what to do. I never received my state refund back and my taxes was short 170 dollars even after the offset debt I owed was taken. 

After you file

@ AmberNSwoope wrote:

I honestly have not got this resolved. I’m not sure what to do. I never received my state refund back and my taxes was short 170 dollars even after the offset debt I owed was taken. 

Check the amount of your Federal refund by looking at your actual Form 1040, Line 21a.   Then subtract the amount of the offset and the following (if applicable):

Did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of the Federal refund?   If so, be sure you are subtracting the fees from the Federal refund, possible sales tax, and the extra service fee of $40 ($45 for California filers) for that payment method.

As for a state refund not yet received, in some states that can take many weeks.  See the following information:

The main determinate is what state.  There are over 40 state tax agencies, each doing its own thing.  Some states are fairly quick with refunds, while other states (such as WV, WI, NC, GA, LA, AL, and others) can take a long time processing returns--even several weeks--as they crack down on detecting fraudulent returns.  You may be able to get an idea about how long it takes in your state from the FAQs at your state's tax agency website as I will mention below.

First, if you efiled, be sure your efiled state return was accepted.  If you used Online TurboTax, you can check by looking in your Online account at the Tax Home. 

Or did you choose to file by mail instead?  TurboTax does not mail it for you.  If you chose that method, you have to print, sign, date, and mail it.

The FAQ below tells how to check on a state refund and has a link for your state.

TIP:   While you're at your state's tax website, also look for a statement or FAQ that may say about how long it takes to get a refund in your state and how to long to wait before phoning the state tax agency.  Many states have such information on their websites.

FAQ:  How do I track my state refund?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-state-refund/00/25571

After you file

I paid everything to the IRS and Turbotax,  it was all taken out , I was to receive $1,910 from  federal tax return and only received $1,234 that's $670 difference,  I  never received any letters from IRS stating I owe anything 

After you file

No I didn't get all my refund back