After you file

Thank you. I efiled on 1/28/20 and was accepted. I look up wheres my refund every day and it says they have received it and it's still processing. I called the IRS and the call volume is too high and couldn't help me 

After you file

@DoninGA, you do realize that your canned response is getting to the point that it is annoying.  Everyone knows what to do and most have done the steps mentioned above and more.  Asking someone did they followed the basic steps that everyone has followed that you so are so generously quoting above is now beyond ridiculous.  It is becoming insulting as you are implying that people do not know either how to file their taxes properly or do not know how to check the status or reach a live agent.  If that is the best advice you can give I would suggest you stop responding because it is becoming insulting to ask people the same canned questions over and over again.

After you file

@Devans0714 wrote:

@DoninGA, you do realize that your canned response is getting to the point that it is annoying.  Everyone knows what to do and most have done the steps mentioned above and more.  Asking someone did they followed the basic steps that everyone has followed that you so are so generously quoting above is now beyond ridiculous.  It is becoming insulting as you are implying that people do not know either how to file their taxes properly or do not know how to check the status or reach a live agent.  If that is the best advice you can give I would suggest you stop responding because it is becoming insulting to ask people the same canned questions over and over again.

Sorry you feel that way.  It has been my experience since I have been volunteering on these TurboTax customer/user forums for 10 years, that the majority of the users responding on these type of threads have NOT read the prior posts or they would not be asking the exact same question "where is my refund" on a thread where all of that information has been posted multiple times.  Therefore, when a user asks this type of question I will continue to respond and help them out as much as possible.

After you file

May I ask if you had to send in documents to the IRS such as 1095A form etc.?? If so, it normally takes 3 1/2 weeks to receive your refund once the IRS receives your documents.

After you file

I tried that they still don’t answer

After you file

@lstewart0312, yes I faxed them the same day the IRS told me what was missing.  The reason, as I was told by the IRS, it takes the additional 4-8 weeks is that they have to manually input the information from the 1095A/8962 once they receive it because it is not there from TurboTax, HRBlock or whatever software you have used.  It appears that this issue is a systemic glitch that all these software companies did not adjust since the changes that were impacted this year before releasing their software for use.  It is really simple, basic programming.  In the program you can create an if/and clause on the server level.  If you answered yes to having healthcare through the affordable care act then it should have searched for the 1095A form, if the form was present then it should have transferred that information and create the 8962 form.  If the form was not present but you answered yes to the healthcare question you should have received an error message and stopped validating your return for submission.  I know for a fact this is missing because the same program I referenced above caught a different missing form for depreciation because I traded in my car and would not let me submit my return until the form was available.  It seems to me that these software companies did not do their research to see what changes were made this year and did not adjust their programs accordingly.

@DoninGA  All I am saying is that your canned response is not benefitting anyone.  I am sure that if you provided some additional information other than a cut/paste response it would be more beneficial.  You guys did not start using the instructions on this page until another user provided the information on how to contact the IRS directly.  Go back to page 1 and start from there.  You were not providing this information in the beginning, you just took it from another user and has been replicating the same response.  SMH...you guys can't even do your own homework.

After you file

YES!! Thank you @Devans0714  preach it! I’m so sick of everyone giving TT an oops excuse. No that isn’t sufficient especially when I get an email stating TT wants their $230 I WASTED using their program and audit defense even though I STILL don’t have my refund. Where’s my audit defense right now?? No where to be found, I get It I’m not being audited but the should at least be helping speed the process along for me since TT made the mistake. 

After you file

You can call them and they will extend it out but they only wanna give you like 20days and this is turbo tax mess up here causing everyone's return to be delayed. I've been filing my taxes with them for 11 years and never ever will I use it again after this

After you file

@Devans0714 

Last comment concerning this.  I do not copy anyone's information and pass it off as mine.

See post from June 7, 2019 - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/wheres-my-refund-it-s-been-4-months-no-n...

After you file

@Devans0714  Well good luck. I know so many people who are still waiting on their refunds and I feel for them. I faxed my 1095a form on Febr. 24 and they received it the next day. Exactly 3wks 2days I had my refund. Again good luck to all. 

After you file

Hopefully I have my soon. I faxed my stuff over on march 3rd but still no kind of update. Did yours update the day after you faxed it in?

After you file

Or how long did it take to update?

After you file

I filed with turbo tax and they did not ask me about 1095 form. I do have a 1095 b form so I should fax them that form?

After you file

@lstewart0312I received my federal refund last week with the help of an advocate and it took 3 weeks and 5 days.  The common denominator in the majority of these delays is the missing 1095A which transfers the data and populates the 8962 form.  Had TurboTax, H&R Block and other tax software companies did their homework this error would have been caught with minimal problems. It's called UAT testing.  You test the product before you put it out there for use.  It is just a simple code adjustment that could have been easily corrected if it as caught.

@DoninGAinstead of rehashing the same rhetoric maybe you should give better advice.  It is apparent that the majority of the people still posting have the information but they do not know how to proceed now  that they have spoken to an IRS agent.  I have not seen any post where one of you guys or an employee has advised a user to be persistent, not aggressive.  Instead of the basic steps that you are still posting they should be doing the following:
1.  When speaking to a live agent ask them for the exact reason why they have not gotten their refund.  9 times out of ten the agent will go into the system and see what letter you received and 9 times out of 10 it is the missing 1095A/8962 forms.
2.  Once you get the reason from the IRS agent, before they hang up, if you have a hardship whether it is a pending eviction, a pending repossession, and I guess with the state of the world today, you got laid off from your job and you have no immediate income availalbe, ask them to escalate to an advocate.  
3. If they assign you an advocate, ask them for the number to call because once they assign an advocate calling the IRS will not help you.  The agent will tell you to contact your advocate.
4.  Once assigned an advocate, they will call you in 3-5 business days.  Mines called me on the second day.  The advocate will verify your hardship, so you better make sure you are telling them the same thing you have told the IRS because it is in your record.  They will make a recommendation based on the phone screen.  The advocate should tell you that it normally takes 5 business days for the IRS to respond to a recommendation from them.  That does not mean you have to sit back and just wait.  Keep calling them.  I called them every 3 days.
5.  After the 5 days the advocate should be able to give you a date the IRS will process your refund based on their recommendation.  At first, she told me that they would process until the 28th of this month.  I explained to her my circumstances and she spoke to her manager and she gave me the number to contact her manager.
6. I called the manager and left a voicemail message, I got the number from his voicemail for his direct manager and I called her and left her a voicemail message.  Neither one of them called me back but on Friday, March 13th the advocate called me and told me I would receive my refund on the 18th.  I actually received it on the 17th and TurboTax got their money.

All I am saying is if you are going to give help, GIVE HELP.  Stop cutting and pasting the same answers that is not helping anyone because it is not telling them what to do after they go through the first part of the process.  There is plenty that can be done if you are persistent and kind.  I know everyone is fed up because I sure was but you don't have to sit around and wait.  

Finally, if you have already received an email from TurboTax telling you that they are going to debit your account, do not pay them.  If they debit your account dispute it.  As you have already signed an agreement when you filled for them to take the fees out of your refund, they will get their money once your refund is processed.  If you are not getting a refund, that is a different story.

After you file

@Tonblthe IRS will not update the WMR tool until your refund is approved.  Unless you want to go and view your transcript online or are working when an advocate you will not know when or if they actually received the form.