After you file

Only tax assistance and face to face is closed. Returns are still being processed. 

After you file

That's inaccurate. The IRS has NOT closed. Please stop trying to create even more panic and hysteria.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

@dewilson2023 Taxpayer Assistance Centers and  face-to-face services have been discontinued throughout the country until further notice. The IRS is continuing to process tax returns, issue refunds and help taxpayers to the greatest extent possible. For more information please click the link below.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After you file

I posted before but its been awhile..filed 1/22 accepted same day..called the end of Feb and was told I was on a 45 day review, just random no reason. Received my letter on 3/9 for a 60 day review..called again and was told they still didnt need anything. I emailed my local congresswoman's office on Friday and received the privacy release form yesterday, emailed it back and they opened a case with a TA for me yesterday. Just hoping for some good news soon.

After you file

No they are not. You so called experts need to STOP copying and pasting crap just so you can get your numbers up and stop giving out FAKE news. I have spoken to my Tax Advacate, her supervisor along with IRS and that person's supervisor. 

You can still submit your tax refund. But, that's it. If you were pulled for this bogus review crap like myself you will not repeat not see a refund until June. In order for you to get a DDD you would have had to been processed two weeks ago. Exactly what they said

After you file

@Just me Yes they have. I spoke with my Tax Advacate, her supervisor, IRS. It's even on their website and Tax Advacate said they shut down Sunday because of virus. If you are especially pulled for a stupid Review like myself they said would be untill the end of April before they start back up so refund is looking like May or June if lucky BS pure bs

After you file

@Kwhite2643 Wrong, spoke with Tax Advacate, their supervisor and IRS

After you file

FB_IMG_1585060755176.jpg

Like I said don't be fooled like I was. In 2nd paragraph says they still open, wrong. Only for new taxes. If you have review of any kind your in same boat as me screwed, I'm homeless with family you think I'm gonna make this c*** up. Call her yourself Karen six three one dash nine seven seven dash there one six seven. I mean wth was the point of getting a Tax Advacate in the first place if they can't do c*** for you.

After you file

Well that may be what you were told, although if the TA office is closed I'm not sure yall spoke with your TAs. However, after spending 72min on hold and transfers I finally reached an IRS agent yesterday. I was assured most all can work remotely from home and even if the office shuts down completely, they will still be churning out refunds and such. I was also assured that once everything was verified whether on our end for ID Verify or theirs, through the review process, they would still be issuing checks as soon as possible. I was also told that the impact this pandemic was having on returns was actually causing them to churn them out a faster rate and skip over many review types in order to ensure the wellbeing of lower income Americans during this hectic time. I was assured that although TAs were closed the IRS was doing their best to approve any possible returns and get them out immediately.

After you file

• I pretty much know my TA especially when she gives her name, duh. Also, this was in news article today. 

The IRS is also operating at less than full capacity at one of its busiest times of the year. The agency has been forced to close many offices or reduce operations in facilities across the country, including those performing “mission-critical” tasks.

Commissioner Charles Rettig said in an email to employees last week that even if a facility isn’t closed, its workforce will be cut in half to comply with social distancing orders.

Offices Closed

After you file

I was just stating what I’d been told :). It seems like several people are getting a lot of different information (all from our tax ‘experts’), and honestly, what’s new about that 🤣 Getting upset or defensive doesn’t help a thing. Personally, I hope my ‘expert’ was right cause  I want my refund as much as everyone else!  Sooo I’m gonna choose to believe someone out there is working on my return right now 🤷🏻‍♀️  C’est la vie folks. 

After you file

I'm not the one being offensive. It seems everyone else was because I was just enlightening individuals to the news I had received and just because it was bad news it just had to be a lie or people calling me a liar because they did not want to hear it. 

I need my refund just like the next person as well and with given this news I was and am not prepared at all financial. Myself announcing this news is to maybe help prepare someone else who has financial hardships like myself and family but be able to plan accordingly or in a different manner instead of getting side swiped like I did. 

After you file

It’s defensive. And when you begin your reply with.... Wrong... that usually sets a bad tone. Like I said, I’ve seen several people stare they spoke to the irs etc personally and they got different stories.   Just setting out the information I’ve come across myself.  Toodleoo. 

After you file

The best place to get information is from the horse's mouth ... the IRS just posted a new release yesterday :

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/news-releases-for-current-month