Once your returns are accepted, only the IRS and State would know when you will receive your refund. TurboTax does not get any information about your refund.
You can check the IRS website Where's My Refund for your Federal information?
If you have a State refund, click on the following link, then click on your State
When it has been more than 21 days (business days) since your Federal return was accepted, you can call the IRS for information about your Federal refund.
The IRS telephone number is 1-800-829-1040, and they are available from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday thru Friday. The best time to call is early in the morning.
- The first question the automated system will ask you is to choose your language.
- Once you’ve set your language, do NOT choose Option 1 (regarding refund info). Choose option 2 for “Personal Income Tax” instead.
- Next, press 1 for “form, tax history, or payment”.
- Next, press 3 “for all other questions.”
-Next, press 2 “for all other questions.”
- When the system asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, do NOT enter anything.
-After it asks twice, you will be prompted with another menu.
-Finally, press 2 for personal or individual tax questions. The system should then transfer you to an agent.