After you file

@sbolin1955 wrote:

Thank you for your quick response to my inquiry however, I disagree with your answer.  I've never been charged or paid the $40 for processing my refunds in all the years I've used Turbo Tax  whether it be to a third party or not.  I've never paid it and I don't want to pay it now!  

I understand the concept of having a third party involved something like the banking institutions have when doing wire transfers the money goes through a clearing house after the money has left one bank to arrive at another.   It just seems like an unnecessary and costly process to implement.  I still do not want to pay it!  How do I get around that process?

You have not had to pay the service charge because you either used the Free edition or you have always selected to pay the TurboTax account fees with a credit or debit card.

How to remove the pay with refund fees and pay the account fees with a credit card - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-remove-pay-with-my-refund-fees-in-turbot...

Screenshot for selecting how to pay the TurboTax account fees -

Pay with Refund Fee.JPG