After you file

Yes I am having a problem with my refund as well I will not use them again The IRS send it was sent, it shows that it was sent I need my money

After you file

THE IRS says its been sent where is it...bottom line noone should have to go through this about their money 

After you file

I am wondering the same thing

After you file

I have had similar issues. Last year my employer  somehow didn't transmit my w2 to the IRS. So they had no record of my earnings or tax withholding. So I was mailed a notice, CP 05. Which can be reviewed up to 60 days. I sent in my own w2 copy by mail but it didn't  take long at all once I did that. 

Well imagine my surprise when AGAIN this year  the same crap happened. No w2 submitted by the SAME EMPLOYER. When I called the IRS last Friday, she told me I was being mailed a notice (again CP 05). She said they had not received any w2 on my ss#. So they have to verify my wages & tax withholding. I asked her for the address to submit it to, just to get a jump on it (as I have not received the letter  yet).  I did this same thing last year and it sped up the process. 

What I suggest is, if you have not received a letter and are still waiting on your refund, call the 1040 number for the IRS. Not the 1924 number. They CAN tell you what notice is being sent and what it pertains to and what they are requesting from you. They can give you the address or fax number in which you need to submit the requested info. Get a jump on it. Don't wait for the notice. That will speed up the process.

I'm not sure why so many have been chosen for review this year.... maybe a huge increase in fraud. But I also know that back in the day, employers didn't have to transmit our w2s for us to receive our refunds. Now they do. So there is alot of room for error on the employer's part when they're submitting the w2s. Take it from someone that has been reviewed the last 4 outta 5 years now. It's frustrating. VERY. 

But, it'll get to us eventually. 

After you file

I called this morning they told me I was under review it could take up to 45 days they randomly pick people and I was 1 but she said I will get my refund April 15 it might not take them that long but that’s the time frame 🙁

Jose23
Returning Member

After you file

what number did you call? because I have 2 and none of them go thru... 

After you file

I called this morning an they told me I was on a 60 day review from the date they send my letter to me which isn’t going to be mailed out till March 16th he said they have till May 16th to review it an it’s randomly selected. The other day I called they told me my letter was mailed out February 24th an I had 60 days from then. So I think they are just messing everyone’s crap up! 

After you file

i agree. I keep getting told different things. 

After you file

That's what they told me too but they didn't tell me the refund date. When I ordered my transcript I didn't have any codes for some reason but it did say receive date April 15 as well . I'm guessing that's what that means I will get mine too.

After you file

Happening to me now, it said that my expected date was 2/23 and I still haven't received it. Since the bar was full I was scared they direct deposited it into the wrong account.  But apparently, the status will change and mine still says accepted

After you file

It told me to deposit $30 to talk to a live person wtf

After you file

I was told I was under wage verification since according to them, my employer hasn't submitted my wages and for me to expect a letter after March 16. The rep mentioned a 60 day review. Is this true? Can I receive my refund BEFORE this time frame? Should I do something? I'm tired of calling them and tired of being on hold for an hour. This is so frustrating. 

After you file

SEND YOUR w2 YOUR SELF 

After you file

Anyone who claimed the EIC still say processing, with no other messages? 

After you file

@Jvanburen82  Yes mine still says it is being processed. I called and they told me mine didn’t even start processing till the 24. I’m not sure how long it takes before they approve it I’m getting impatient tho