Accidentally put wrong filing status

I accidentally put the wrong filing status on my tax..how can I change it after it's been e filed

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

If you need to make changes to a return that was already filed and accepted, you will need to amend your return. Please click here for instructions. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Mcha

After you file

I’m in the same boat. My taxes was accepted 2/7/2020 but no change it is now 3/4/2020. When I search on the irs site it say my return can not be found. Today I checked my return to make sure I put in the correct info on the irs website. And some how I file head of house hold when I thought I filed married but separate. I haven’t lived with or seen the person I’m married to in over three years. But when I went to admen my tax’s it will not let me edit head of house hold to married but separate. I wonder if that is why I have not gotten my taxes approved in almost a month since accepted. How do I change my filing status to married but separate on the adem

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

After you file

You may not need to amend.  Did you have a dependent on your return?  If so, Head of household is the correct filing status if you lived apart from your spouse for at least the last 6 mos of 2019 and maintained a household for you and your dependent.      

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"