Refund status

I filed 21 days ago and still have not dot my taxes back and when I go to check my refund status it say were not able to give you any information at this time now mind you both of my taxes were accepted the same day I filed so why would that be

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

You are one step closer to receiving your refund. The status may change and state we cannot find a record of your return or  that you have put in incorrect information when tracking it, but this can all be normal in the process.

Once your return is submitted to the IRS, any update would come from them. We don't receive real time updates from the IRS and your refund will come from them, not TurboTax.

Please see the information below if it's been over 21 days. 

If accepted by the IRS, you can check your refund status below:

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

The IRS issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/when-will-i-get-my-irs-tax-refund/00/25589

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Aerimus

After you file

I agree with the initial poster.  I get that there isn't an update yet, however when I go to the IRS site to check my refund status, it acts like they don't even see it.  Even though it was accepted on February 23rd.  It's confusing?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

@Aerimus, what status is shown to you when checking the Where's My Refund site?

If it shows your tax return as received, that means that the IRS is processing it. Also, when checking your status be sure you are entering the exact amount of your federal return only along with your social security number and filing status.  Please see the IRS Frequently Asked Questions for more information on the processing of your return. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"