Refund

Ok I E-filed and IRS accepted it on the 1/22/20 I thought was wired because they said they was not a accepting until the 27th. I looked at where’s my refund on the 1/25/20 it had one bar said was accepted. On 2/5/20 it went to the PATH act and stayed like that until 2/16/20 Message changed to we received your refund and is processing no bars nothing. My turbo tax says refund expected on 2/12/20 obviously that didn’t happen been way past 21 days. Has anyone else have this problem? 

After you file

If u filed EITC or Child Deduction then the it's didn't start processing til Feb 15, 2020. N it states to give I. A couple days lno later then Feb 22,2020

After you file

Yes I am also having this problem... I filed and everything was accepted January 21st, received a notification saying February 11th was my expected refund date... and too nothing came. Today marks the 21st day since my return was accepted so I guess I'll check again by the end of the day.. if not idk what's going on... smh

After you file

What is the path act?

Dvb2

After you file

I have also experience the same thing , it has been way past 21 days, and I check my status and it says still being processed! 

After you file

Have any of you that have been over 21 days called?

After you file

Yes.  I filed on January 8th.  My return was part of a test batch accepted on January 13th.    And my refund status says the same thing.  The bar is gone and just says processing.   By their calculations I should have been one of the first refunds issued.   But I've only recieved my state

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

After you file

@drnicely66

This can mean you are still working on your return if you have not submitted it. I recommend you double check your e-file status by logging into the e-file tool. If it was accepted, continue to check the IRS website for an update. Once they have a date, they will update the website.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

After you file

Refund Timing for Earned Income Tax Credit and Additional Child Tax Credit Filers

Taxpayers who claim the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit may experience a refund hold. According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue these refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects the first EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards by the first week of March, if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return. Check Where’s My Refund for your personalized refund date.

WMR on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go app will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC/ACTC refund filers by February 22. So EITC /ACTC filers will not see an update to their refund status for several days after Feb. 15.

The IRS, tax preparers and tax software will not have additional information on refund dates, so Where’s My Refund? remains the best way to check the status of a refund. Where’s My Refund? is only updated once daily, usually overnight, so you don’t need to check the status more often.

Why is my refund being held?

If you claim the EITC or ACTC on your tax return, the IRS cannot issue your refund before mid-February. The law requires the IRS to hold the entire refund — even the portion not associated with the EITC or ACTC. Like previous years, some tax refunds may be held if there are questions about the tax return or the IRS needs more information.

When will I get my refund?

The IRS expects the first EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards by the first week of March, if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return. Check Where’s My Refund for your personalized refund date.

Why does it take so long for the funds to show up in my account?

It takes additional time for refunds to be processed after leaving the IRS, and for financial institutions to accept and deposit them to bank accounts and products like debit cards. Also, many financial institutions do not process payments on weekends or holidays, which can affect when refunds reach taxpayers. For EITC and ACTC filers, the three-day holiday weekend involving President’s Day affects their refund timing.

How do I check the status of my refund?

WMR on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go app will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC/ACTC refund filers by February 22. So EITC /ACTC filers will not see an update to their refund status for several days after Feb. 15.

The IRS, tax preparers and tax software will not have additional information on refund dates, so these filers should not contact or call about refunds before the end of February.

After you file

Yes. It's been 21 days here, automatic deposit. Did we get ripped off from someone assuming the identity of Turbo Tax?

After you file

@mmarson1113 wrote:

Yes. It's been 21 days here, automatic deposit. Did we get ripped off from someone assuming the identity of Turbo Tax?

Read the excellent response from @Critter above your post.

There are millions of taxpayers who do NOT receive their tax refund within the 21 day IRS target window.

roseforr3

After you file

• I have the same. The Irs is saying will have update on the 22nd  and would have return by end of next week/first part of March pending no other issues

After you file

Actually! Your at day 4 ! EIC customers started Feb 15 2020. 1-3 Weeks after this date but hopefully, depending on when you filed.  DDD should be Saturday 2-22-2020 and filers who filed after 2-3-2020 should get threr refund Saturday 2-29-2020. WMR WILL UPDATE THIS SATURDAY 2-22-2020!!! SO even if you do not get your refund this Sat.  WMR will update and give you a DDD.  Hope this gives SOMEONE so hope!!!THEY ARE SAYING: YOU WILL GET YOUR REFUND(dd) BEFORE wmr UPDATES!!! 

After you file

Called this morning. Was told some people have to get paid first, some get paid last. Could take up to March. I find that a crock because I filed before it was open. I saw somewhere it said refunds will be sent no later than the 22nd. Hoping for that

After you file

Definitely does thank you so much. You have no idea. Where did you get the information?