I started a new business last year and forgot to mention that on my tax return

After you file

Amend after your return has been accepted.  Schedule C is to be used (I think)

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

After you file

If you have not filed, simply return to the program to add a Schedule C.  Here are the steps:

In TurboTax online,

• Sign in to your account and select Pick up where you left off
  • At the right upper corner, in the search box, type in schedule C and Enter 
  • Select Jump to schedule C 
  • Follow prompts
  •  

If you have already filed, you might need to amend.  Please continue to read:

If you have already filed, you might not be able to go back to the program to add.  You can return to the program to add without amending only if your return is being rejected. If your return is accepted, to add a schedule C, you will have to amend it. You cannot just go back to add.

If your return got rejected for any reason, you can return to the program to add information along with other changes and re-submit it. For instructions, click here Fix a reject 2019.  You do not need to file an amendment 1040-X.

If your return has been accepted, you will have to amend by filing a Form 1040-X.  Click here for instructions Amend 2019.   Please note that the 2019 Form 1040-X is not available until 2/26/2020.  Please come back later.  Also, be aware that you should not try to amend your return until it has been fully processed and you have received your refund or your payment has cleared.  If by editing the information does not change the refund or amount you owe, you do not need to submit the amendment. 

@jengquist88

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"